About the Job
Calvert Impact Capital is seeking to fill an analyst position on its Investments team to support loan monitoring and credit analysis on its global portfolio. The role requires someone with strong financial analysis and Excel modeling skills, effective communications skills, a desire to understand organizations and financing structures spanning a wide variety of impact sectors and geographies, and the ability to be nimble and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This individual must also be able to provide a high level of service to internal and external customers and share the commitment to the mission of the organization. This position will report to a Director on the team but will work closely with all members of the Investments team. This is a terrific opportunity for someone earlier in her/his career interested in debt investing for positive social and environmental impact.
Responsible for all aspects of portfolio monitoring, including:
• Support Investment team members with collection of annual and quarterly due diligence materials from borrower including financial and impact data.
• Review and analyze quarterly and annual borrower financial and other reporting, including updating financial and impact spreads, confirming covenant compliance and reporting on progress, trends and/or challenges.
• Support Loan Administration on loan closings and servicing as needed.
• Be a positive contribution to our high-performing, mission-driven culture.
• Engage with colleagues on the team and across the organization on special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate brings:
• Ability to construct basic financial models in Excel.
• Systems and process minded. Familiarity with relational databases (e.g., Salesforce, Airtable, and Power BI)
• Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Thrives on multi-tasking and skilled at prioritizing competing demands.
• A keen intellect combined with a good sense of humor and solid personal integrity.
• A positive, forward looking approach directed to overcoming obstacles and a “can-do” attitude to implement solutions.
• Undergraduate degree, with coursework in accounting or finance
• Fluency in English and high-level proficiency in a second language – French or Spanish preferred.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Calvert Impact Capital
We are a non-profit investment firm that works with investors to move capital into communities around the world. People and institutions invest through our Community Investment Note and syndication service. We pool those dollars to make loans to roughly 100 mission-driven organizations worldwide that have a social and/or environmental focus.