About the Job
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire a Summer Associate to support the Operations team and the activities of this fast-paced, growing organization. They will work up to 35 hours a week, beginning as early as June 2019 and extending up to 11 weeks. This position is ideal for candidates that would like to develop an overview of the impact investing and operational function of a nonprofit.
The position will report to the Director of Finance and Operations.
• Research selected best practices for nonprofit operations
• Analyze data trends to identify and effectively communicate key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Create data visualizations to build an internal dashboard to track progress on KPIs
• Create forms and tools to support internal procedures
• Review, document, and assist in updates of nomenclature for shared folders and files
• Provide some administrative support for the team
• Experience creating an engaging representation of data
• Experience building and designing forms and templates
• Organization and project management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Interest in data analysis and synthesis
• Strong interest in nonprofit management
• Experience with data analysis and graphing software
• Ability to work efficiently independently and as a team player
• Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values: https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles
LOCATION: Seasonal role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. This position will be based in New York, NY.
COMPENSATION: Competitive hourly rate, commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter, writing sample, document demonstrating data visualization and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com. State “Operations Summer Associate_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now nearly ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 280 members in 41 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org