About the Job
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire a Coordinator to support the Member Engagement team with program administration, event management, and other activities pertaining to member engagement and growth.
The Coordinator will report to the Manager of Membership Growth.
The ideal candidate for the role must have strong organization skills, professional verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
• Support member administration, such as processing membership applications, scheduling on-boarding and check-in calls, and responding to general inquiries
• Manage the online membership portal and the member services email account, responding to member inquiries and troubleshooting technical issues
• Interface with members as needed to support programming and organizational goals
• Collaborate with the Operations team to support the invoicing process for membership dues
• Track and update member information and engagement data in Salesforce and other formats as needed
Event planning and programming support
• Provide logistical support for activities and events, including MailChimp invitations, venue, and other vendor research, procurement and purchasing of supplies, etc.
• Set up and run the logistics for virtual convenings and webinars on ReadyTalk and RingCentral platforms
• Produce participant materials for in-person and virtual convenings, such as attendee lists, sign-up sheets, name tags, and participant packets
• Support post-event close-down, including surveying attendees, sending follow-up emails, and reconciling attendance reports
• Coordinate member outreach across different GIIN programs, including newsletters and update emails.
• Provide back-up operational support for events (in-person and virtual)
• Conduct desk research as needed to support content development
Marketing and communications
• Work with the Communications Team to maintain and update membership marketing materials and membership-related information on the GIIN website
• Additional responsibilities as needed, including scheduling calls and other support for the Member Engagement Director
This is primarily a program support position and plays a key role in ensuring the smooth execution of member engagement activities. The GIIN is seeking candidates who are self-starters and energized about supporting a field-building organization dedicated to growing the impact investing market. Applicants should have a high degree of professionalism, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The Coordinator must also be highly responsible, collaborative, resourceful, and flexible. The ideal candidate is a proactive problem-solver who takes the initiative to perform to high standards consistently. Experience working in a professional office environment is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Work experience demonstrating exceptional administrative, organizational, or event planning abilities
• Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
• A proactive communicator with strong problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and service orientation
• Experience with and aptitude for technology solutions and databases, such as Salesforce, RingCentral, ReadyTalk, MailChimp, etc.
• Working knowledge of computer software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Interest or experience in impact investing
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours at times of peak project flow
• Personable, engaging presence with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
• Authorized to work in the U.S.
• Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values: https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles
LOCATION: This position will be based in New York, NY, and is a full-time role in a flexible culture.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, with an excellent benefits package.
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. State “Member Engagement Coordinator _ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter and include your salary requirements.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now nearly ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 280 members in 41 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org