About the Job
In this position, you will join PG Impact Investments' Private Debt team in New York with responsibilities across all aspects of private debt investments in Latin America, including sourcing, due diligence, structuring, deal execution, ongoing monitoring and value creation. Other responsibilities include conducting research projects and designing and producing marketing material, when necessary.
Your tasks will include:
- Performing and selectively leading quantitative and qualitative analysis of social enterprises, including financial modeling, credit risk assessment, industry research and operational analysis
- Working within a deal team to develop investment structure, conduct on site due diligence and produce investment recommendations
- Contributing to the negotiation and drafting of legal transaction documentation, coordinating with internal and external counterparties
- Supporting portfolio companies throughout investment period, including supporting and being proactive in all matters arising in the ordinary course of investment management, acting quickly to identify, address and correct issues
- Proactive assistance on investment monitoring, impact reporting and market research
- Support new product and business initiatives for the private debt platform when necessary
- Various ad hoc projects and administration as necessary
Only candidates who are US residents or currently hold a valid US work permit can be considered
What we offer
- Opportunity to contribute to the building out the debt platform of a new impact investing organization with the aim to reach an industry-leading position
- Fostering work environment with a passionate and talented international team in a fast-growing, ambitious company
- Highly professional, intellectually demanding and stimulating work environment
- Flat management structure with significant exposure to senior leaders and decision makers
- Attractive career path with a potential for long-term advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits with performance-related compensation model
- Access to Partners Group's global network, investment know-how and specialist resources
We are looking for a professional with the willingness and ability to excel within a highly entrepreneurial organization.
The successful candidate should have:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in financial services, preferably direct private equity, debt or mezzanine experience with an investment fund focused on Latin America
- Experience in performing due diligence and/or risk assessments on Latin American companies (such as growth stage businesses or social enterprises)
- Network and relationships to potential investees across Latin America
- Demonstrated passion for impact investing, development finance or social enterprise work
- Familiarity with the latest impact measurement & management approaches
- Self-motivated and proactive team player with entrepreneurial mindset as well as excellent analytical, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university, preferably with a focus on Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and/or Economics and excellent academic record
- Business fluency in Spanish required
PG Impact Investments
Partners Group is a global private markets investment manager, serving over 850 institutional investors. We have USD 83 billion in assets under management and more than 1200 professionals across 19 offices worldwide. We realize potential in private markets by financing and developing great companies, desirable real estate and essential infrastructure. We create value in our investments through active and long-term responsible ownership.
PG Impact Investments AG
We are a global impact investment firm backed by Partners Group, one of the largest private markets investment managers in the world. Our mission is to harness the efficiency of private markets and entrepreneurship to alleviate poverty and address pressing social and environmental challenges.
PG Impact Investments follows an integrated investment strategy in order to generate both social impact and market rate financial returns. The firm invests across all sectors and geographies with a focus on housing, education, healthcare, financial services, energy access, and food and agriculture in emerging markets. The firm has executed transactions in the private debt and private equity markets as well as in funds and customized mandates.