About the Job
We are seeking a Senior Investment Analyst to join our team based in Washington D.C., for a ~24-month analyst position focused on our US Financial Health portfolio.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for helping to lead US pipeline development, evaluate prospective business plans, perform due diligence, and support portfolio management.
The analyst program will also feature the opportunity to work closely with mission-driven, high-growth start-ups, and gain direct exposure to the early stage venture capital ecosystem.
This individual’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Actively support the sourcing and screening of new investment opportunities
- Conduct due diligence on prospective investments (e.g., assess business plans, construct financial forecasts, prepare investment memoranda)
- Facilitate portfolio management efforts and post-close performance monitoring
- Contribute to strategy development and portfolio reviews
- Collaborate internally to advance Flourish’s strategy and mission, and support on a variety of events and projects, as needed.
- 2+ years of professional experience conducting company evaluation and financial analyses at an investment bank, venture capital / private equity fund, corporate investment role, or management consulting firm;
- Strong financial acumen, excellent analytic skills (e.g., Excel modeling), and an understanding of key startups metrics;
- Ability to evaluate investment opportunities from multiple perspectives (e.g., strategic fit, financial performance, market dynamics, operational capability, valuation);
- Passion for startups and technology; direct experience working in the financial services sector is a plus;
- Independent self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit, and strong team player. Deep intellectual curiosity and appetite for learning;
- Prior demonstrated interest in / experience with creating positive social impact.
Flourish is an evergreen fund investing in entrepreneurs whose innovations help people achieve financial health and prosperity. Established in 2019, Flourish is funded by Pam and Pierre Omidyar. Pierre Omidyar is the founder of eBay. Flourish makes impact-oriented investments in challenger banks, personal finance, insurtech, regtech, and other technologies that empower people and foster a fair, more inclusive economy.
Our existing portfolio of $200 million in assets under management has supported the work of pioneering companies that have created entirely new sectors in financial services and elevated the financial standing of millions of individuals, families, and small businesses globally. With a new $300 million commitment from our funders, our global team has the opportunity to expand our portfolio and mission. Our portfolio includes companies working across several geographies and sub-sectors. Recent US activity includes investments in companies such as Chime, Steady, Propel, Cushion, and Hummingbird, and policy / research grants for ecosystem development such as Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI) and FinRegLab, a first of its kind industry-led regulatory sandbox.
By joining Flourish, you will become part of a culturally and geographically diverse team, who strives to be close to the entrepreneurs we support and to understand the people they serve. You will forge partnerships with entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and innovators in policy and regulation to shape a more inclusive global economy.