About the Job
This position will report directly to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and is a key member of the investment team, Credit Committee. With a focus on deal sourcing, execution, this position will be a key contributor to the performance of the emerging markets credit strategy and act as lead for a team of credit Analysts and Associates in one of TriLinc’s target regions and/or asset classes.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute growth plans.
- Represent TriLinc in a manner that is consistent with our purpose, mission, vision and values.
- Support Executive Management on issues related to company strategy, financial management and key business imperatives.
- Actively support the culture of accountability for execution and results.
General Investment Team Responsibilities
- Serve as a non-voting member of TriLinc’s Investment Committee (IC).
- Serve as a voting member of TriLinc’s Credit Committee (CC).
- Assist the Head of Credit (HOC) and CIO as needed.
Investment Partner Management:
- Responsible for TriLinc’s investment partner sourcing and due diligence process, including evaluation of credit (underwriting, monitoring and position-level past performance) and operational processes and capabilities for assigned region.
- Management of TriLinc’s investment partner relationships on an ongoing basis to monitor adherence to investment partner-stated credit quality standards and provide suggestions for process improvement as needed.
- On an ongoing basis, responsible for the review and monitoring of credit processes of assigned investment partner firms, including participation in investment partner investment committees, as necessary.
- Responsible for deal team’s work with investment partners to assess appropriate investment pipeline that meets TriLinc’s credit risk and impact investment return requirements;
- Responsible for deal sourcing outside of existing investment partner relationships, as necessary.
For assigned loan book:
- Examine assigned deal team’s credit files regularly for assurance of credit and collateral documentation, regulatory compliance, and loan policy conformance; review technical exceptions and deficiencies; maintain reports of continued outstanding exceptions to senior management.
- Review, bottom-up investment analysis and position-level performance in support of overall portfolio performance objectives.
- Submit quarterly bottom-up portfolio-wide valuation analysis to the TriLinc Valuation Committee.
- Conduct analysis and report recommendations regarding the need for and/or adequacy of any potential impairment to CIO and HOC for CC and IC discussion.
Responsible for their deal team’s work on periodic reports, including:
- Quarterly Valuation Materials
- Investment Memoranda/ Credit Committee Memoranda
- Annual Investment Partner Review Memoranda
- Various other loan portfolio metrics reports (past due, concentrations of credit, etc.).
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year institution, preferably in finance, statistics, mathematics, accounting, economics, computer science, engineering, physics or similar quantitative discipline, plus formal commercial credit training or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced degree (masters or doctorate) in economics, finance and/or business administration a plus.
- CRC, CBA/CBF/CCE, CFA, CAIA professional designation a plus.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in bank lending, loan review or other similar investment related role, with a preference for at least 2 years of experience of underwriting and credit analysis in emerging markets/developing economies.
- Experience in evaluating loan covenants that mitigate credit risks and remedies for exceptions.
Specific Knowledge And Skills
- Passion for our mission to create positive impact.
- Must have strong credit skills, with private credit and Asset Backed Lending (ABL) knowledge a plus.
- Ability and willingness to identify and develop key local market relationships.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of regression analysis.
- Must have strong technical skills.
- Must have knowledge/ability to use all MS Office Suite products. Must have working knowledge of proprietary or purchased database management programs.
- Interest in socio-economic development and knowledge of emerging market investing a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents and to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries.
- Ability to make effective presentations on complex topics to senior management and outside stakeholders.
- Ability to work across cultures, communicate with colleagues in different time zones and be an effective team player.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Fluency in foreign languages is a plus.
TriLinc Global, LLC is an impact fund sponsor dedicated to launching and managing innovative products intended to exponentially increase participation in impact investing. Founded in 2008, TriLinc Global aims to harness the power of private sector capital for good and has developed a systematic approach to impact investment packaging, registration, management and distribution. Leveraging the experience and expertise of its partner-employees, TriLinc Global is building a robust offering of alternative investment products that provide investors with access to unique and competitive yield-oriented strategies that change the world for the better.
TriLinc Global is committed to creating scalable, sustainable solutions for some of the world’s intractable socioeconomic and environmental challenges through investing, while offering investors the potential for market-rate financial returns and positive, measurable impact.
TriLinc plays an active industry-building role with peers, investors, financial service providers and the general public, in order to grow and strengthen the impact investing sector. In particular, TriLinc forges innovative partnerships with financial institutions and academia and spearheads initiatives to develop young talent for the industry.