About the Job
The Fellowship Opportunity.
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Duration: 6 – 12 months (can be negotiated based on availability and project )
Commencement date: June 2019 intake and September 2019 intake
Impact Amplifier offers a unique opportunity to exceptional individuals with a demonstrated interest in business strategy and entrepreneurship. In Cape Town, fellows are immersed in the dynamic and rapidly evolving field of impact investing while gaining a keen awareness of how the industry functions both in the Southern African context as well as on a global scale.
The opportunity offers participants:
• Responsibilities and projects tailored to individual qualifications, background and interests;
• A chance to support early stage impact entrepreneurs through Impact Amplifier’s investment readiness curriculum with the goal to develop a thorough investment case for funding;
• Direct client interaction and project ownership; and
• Exposure to different deals at varying stages.
While the fellowship is unpaid, Impact Amplifier aims to ensure that a fellow’s experience on our team is challenging, highly individualised, fully immersive and well rounded.
The Impact Amplifier Fellowship is open to individuals who have completed a Masters or Doctorate as well as a number of years relevant work experience. Fellows are usually 28 years or older and have qualifications or experience in business management, sustainable development, international or public relations, finance and/or economics as well as the following qualities:
• Strong and proven business development and strategy background;
• Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Financial modelling experience a bonus;
• Excellent verbal and written communication (English);
• Demonstrated knowledge of social enterprise, impact investing and small business incubation is highly advantageous;
• Leadership and management skills;
• Grit, courage, adaptability and perseverance; and
• Acceptance of the unpaid fellowship opportunity with a minimum commitment of 3 months.
We are currently recruiting and accept South African and international fellows year round. Applicants must be received no less than one month before the proposed start date.
Once an application has been reviewed, you will be asked to submit an essay to give us a sense of who you are, what you are passionate about and how the Impact Amplifier Fellowship will further your growth and development. Shortlisted candidates will then be contacted for a remote 30 minute interview.
To apply please follow this link: https://impactamplifier.formstack.com/forms/untitled_job_application
To address Africa’s socio-economic and environmental challenges, innovative entrepreneurs and business models must emerge. Impact Amplifier drives this vision by: providing investment readiness and acceleration services to impact businesses, which combine financial success with positive social and environmental change; assisting impact investors to source and invest into compelling opportunities; and delivering supplier development and sustainability advisory services to corporations and public institutions.