About the Job
The Technical Assistance Manager (TA Manager) shall be responsible for managing a €8MM+ Technical Assistance Facility with the objective of maximizing the social impact of Huruma Fund. More specifically the TA Manager will be responsible of the entire Technical assistance management cycle including:
- Working in close collaboration with donors to build an appropriate framework contract to efficiently pre-screen implementing partners
- Closely collaborate with the investment team to promptly identify Technical Assistance needs at investee level during and after the due diligence
- Prepare a detailed TA plan and get approval from TA Steering Committee
- Identify best-suited implementing technical assistance partners and manage contracting process
- Prepare and closely monitor annual budgets
- Monitor the implementation of TA projects, prepare TA monitoring & evaluation reports
- Ensure the completion of financial and administrative tasks such as payments, invoicing, approvals/transfers and documentation
The Technical Assistance Coordinator will supervise a Technical Assistance analyst and will report to the Co-CEOs
- University degree in business, agriculture or economics; relevant graduate studies (i.e. agronomy, agroecology or rural development,) would be a plus
- 10+ plus years of experience in inclusive finance or agriculture finance of which 3+ years in international development; substantial exposure to Technical Assistance facilities or consulting firms a plus
- Previous experience in working with Donors/ Development Financial Institutions
- Passion for social change through for-profit impact investments
- A result-oriented, open and entrepreneurial work attitude
- Perfect fluency in both written and spoken English and Spanish; working knowledge of French would be a plus
- Willingness to travel abroad on a regular basis
- Ability to relocate to Madrid is a must
What we can offer:
- Competitive package
- Proactive and entrepreneurial work environment passionate about impact investing
- Opportunity to shape since the beginning an innovative blending finance project with high potential social impact
- Opportunity to live in Madrid which offers great quality of life
Please send an email with your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com mentioning “TA Manager” in the subject line. Expected starting date September 2019.
GAWA Capital is a growing impact investing firm founded in 2009 and headquartered in Madrid. Our mission is to promote social and economic development among low income communities in developing countries by leveraging private capital markets and entrepreneurship. We apply the best practices from the private equity and impact investment industry in order to provide our investors with competitive financial returns and sustainable social impact. Today we have over €50M in assets under advisory making both debt and equity investments in financial inclusion and other impact investing sectors.
We offer the opportunity of actively contributing to a sustainable society. We have an entrepreneurial, value-based, informal and transparent culture. We do what we do because we believe we can make a difference making this world more just. We offer a dynamic working environment within a growing organization where there is room for personal ideas and initiatives.
GAWA Capital is currently launching a €100MM+ fund called Huruma focusing on agriculture finance in developing countries with an innovative blending finance structure. We believe that increasing smallholder farmers' access to tailor-made financial services is key to improving their quality of life, as financial products enable them to access better inputs and boost their productivity. Huruma aims to increase smallholder access to financing by investing in rural/agriculture-focused financial institutions and providing technical assistance (€8MM+ Technical assistance facility) that will strengthen their product design & offering, processes & risk management and employee capabilities; to a lesser extent Huruma will also support agri-related SMEs, aiming to further reinforce the agricultural value chain.