About the Job
Global Director of Engagement & Communications will devise and deliver highly
focused and compelling global strategies, communications and campaigns to support GSG’s
mission and raise awareness and engagement of the power of impact investment to deliver
• Conceive, lead and deliver a multi-lingual,multi-diverse global engagement strategy that
will reach and speak to key stakeholders about GSG’s objectives and ignite an energy for impact
investment that will spark a movement around the world.
• Create a communications and marketing plan in support of the objectives of GSG and its
network of National Advisory Boards to include all public relations, digital marketing and website development.
• Work closely with GSG partners to deliver a global campaign to raise awareness of the power of impact investment and its relevance in the current macroeconomic climate, including for the delivery of the SDGs.
• Contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation as part of the leadership team and reporting progress and performance to the Board of Trustees.
• Develop global partnerships with media and content organisations, and build relationships with relevant social media influencers, journalists, celebrities and digital community leaders.
• Promote GSG hosted events including the annual Summit to highlight their value as an important tool for network building and knowledge sharing. Shape, own and manage the global
• Define and shape roles for a communications team and engage external contractors where
• Experience of building a dynamic and impactful movement through the strategic use of
cutting-edge engagement, communications or marketing strategies.
• Experience leading engagement and communications internationally to multicultural
and multilingual audiences at a global and local level.
• Experience or demonstrable knowledge of the social enterprise / investment sector.
Extensive experience in working with the media internationally in a variety of communications
roles, including journalism, press relations and social media.
• Experience working with complex concepts and translating them into clear and compelling
communications that will engage a diverse global audience.
• Skilled at managing/developing media material e.g. press releases, media briefings/pitches, blogs,op-eds/articles/social media content.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Outstanding influencing and interpersonal skills; able to adapt to different audiences (e.g. donors,multi-laterals, peers, partners and the public) and to build effective relationships.
• Skilled at prioritising work towards clear goals and performance targets.
• Experience working independently as well as experience of leveraging and capitalising on team
• Initiative and tenacity in seeing projects through to conclusion.
• Skilled at budget management. Able to define a budget and operate within that.
PERSON WILL BE:
• Excited: by GSG’s mission. Bring big ideas and an intellectual curiosity to help GSG
achieve its aim and establish impact investing as a tool to create change at unprecedented
• A disruptor: prepared to think and operate ‘outside the box’, with the ability
to communicate the Impact Revolution to diverse audiences.
• A solutions finder: able to think creatively to identify solutions and opportunities beyond
the obvious or normal.
• A team player: working with people internally and externally to execute GSG’s vision.
• Strategic with attention to detail: capable of seeing and communicating the big picture
and translate that into specific actions.
• Strong on execution: able to bring together and orchestrate numerous moving pieces
and drive things forward in order to get projects delivered on time.
• Flexible: able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, including travelling
To apply for this position, please upload a CV and a supporting statement of no more than two pages each via our website.We ask that you complete the equal opportunities information online when you submit your application via our website.The information collected will be treated as confidential, used for statistical purposes only,and will not be treated as part of your application.Finally, please ensure that you have included a telephone number we can reach you on, as well as
any dates when you will not be available or might have difficulty with the indicative timetable.
Applications should be made via the Prospectus website at:
Global Steering Group for Impact Investment (GSG)
The Global Steering Group for Impact Investment (GSG) is an independent global steering group catalyzing impact investment and entrepreneurship to benefit people and planet. The GSG was established in August 2015 as the successor to and incorporating the work of the Social Impact Investment Taskforce established under the UK´s presidency of the G8. The GSG currently has 21 countries plus the EU as members. Chaired by Sir Ronald Cohen, the GSG brings together leaders from the worlds of finance, business, and philanthropy.