About the Job
Company: WWB Asset Management (WAM)
Reports to: Head of Operations – WAM
Location: New York
Start Date: Q2 2019
WWB Asset Management (WAM) is seeking an experienced Investor Relations and Marketing professional with experience marketing and communicating investment fund strategies and performance, ideally with experience in the impact investing space. The Investor Relations and Marketing Manager will be based out of New York, NY and will report directly to the Head of Operations.
WAM is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Women’s World Banking, Inc., headquartered in New York City. It manages the Women’s World Banking impact investment program, including a co-managed USD 50M private equity fund, WWB Capital Partners, LP (Fund I). WAM is currently raising a second fund, WWB Capital Partners II (“WWBCP II” or “Fund II”) which will be solely managed by WAM and is expected to be a $100m Ontario based blended finance limited partnership, with a dedicated, grant-funded side-car technical assistance program. WWBCP II will make direct minority equity investments in high-performing, women-focused, inclusive finance institutions worldwide, and will provide technical assistance to improve client and staff gender diversity, in accordance with the impact investment program established by Women’s World Banking.
The Investor Relations and Marketing Manager will
• Oversee a portfolio of key investors, include development finance institutions, corporate and institutional investors, high net worth investors, family offices, pension funds, endowments, foundations, and fund of funds.
• Skillfully expand the prospective investor base and manage the full cycle of the relationships including prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, documentation and stewardship, leveraging existing relationships, cold-calling and representing WAM at industry conferences and events to engage prospective investors on Fund II’s impact investing strategy.
• Manage investor and prospective investor database to ensure accurate and current information is captured on all interactions.
• Maintain and update existing marketing materials and develop new materials as needed
• Respond to requests for information from investors and prospective investors, including coordinating prospective investor due diligence visits.
• Manage deadlines and deliverables for prospective investors and other parties (e.g. legal teams, administrators, etc.) to achieve timely Fund closings
• Seek and maintain registrations for WAM in various jurisdictions for marketing purposes
• Coordinate with the investment team to produce quarterly and annual financial and social performance reports on Fund I and II, providing basic data analysis and data visualization.
• Coordinate with Fund Administrators to ensure completion and circulation of investor reports and communications.
• Ensure compliance with reporting laws in relevant Fund jurisdictions (expected to include Delaware and Canada or Mauritius)
• Prepare investor events such as annual Limited Partner meetings and Advisory Board meetings
• Liaise with governing bodies, including Advisory Board and Investment Committee, managing delivery of agendas, materials and minutes.
• Coordinate with Women’s World Banking staff to maintain updated information on website and other communication channels
• Manage discretionary use of social media, publications and events to promote WAM thought leadership on gender lens investing, women’s empowerment and financial inclusion, etc.
Within the first 90 days:
• Embrace Women’s World Banking’s and WAM’s core values and desired behaviors
• Develop familiarity with Women’s World Banking and WAM’s organization, policies and procedures
• Discuss with ease the Fund’s investment philosophy and strategy as well as the Fund’s core investment holdings and portfolio management practices. Understand all the materials in the Private Placement Memorandum, Due Diligence Questionnaire and other marketing materials.
• Take ownership of the prospective investor outreach and response calendar
• Assist investment team in achieving a first closing of the Fund
• Develop outreach calendar for second closing prospects, coordinating with placement agents
• Assist in production of quarterly financial statements
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field. MBA a plus
• 4 – 6 years’ work experience in impact investing / private equity investor relations, or related fields
• Excellent communication capabilities in written and verbal form and the ability to support multiple projects with a keen attention to detail
• Skilled Excel, Word, and PowerPoint user. Accounting and basic graphic design software a plus
• Facility in preparing and comprehending financial statements
• Strong interpersonal, problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Proven collaborative, negotiation, and persuasion skills with demonstrated success in securing investor / funder commitments
• Self-motivated, self-directed with a positive attitude
• Strong work ethic appropriate for a small, fast-paced, team-oriented organization
• Passion for inclusive finance and women’s empowerment
• Multi-lingual – English required; Spanish or French a plus
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally four to six times per year, and more frequently during fundraising period.
Women's World Banking
We believe in being a force for the greater good, devoted to accelerating and growing the financial inclusion of women. With rapidly changing markets, influenced by technology and social behavioral expectations, we are embarking on a new chapter to transform the way we design and implement solutions.
Our approach is to solve for market gaps which inhibit the financial inclusion of women. We identify barriers through intensive market research and produce commercially viable solutions through women-centered design which can be scaled for maximum impact. Our work is further amplified through our influencer strategies and global network of professional institutions.
Women’s World Banking is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOE M/F/V/D