About the Job
The Director of Investments shall be responsible for managing a team of talented investment professionals with the common interest of creating an impact in low-income communities while generating a competitive financial return.
The team under the supervision of the Director of investment will be responsible for running the entire investment process including deal flow generation, structuring investments, monitoring and expanding the investment portfolio, serving on boards and exiting investments.
The Director of Investments specific duties shall include:
- Managing a team of investment professionals supervising the day to day operations of the firm
- Sourcing investment opportunities by initiating, maintaining and building relationships with (potential) investees
- Participating in the due diligence of investment opportunities
- Structuring and negotiating investment terms, presenting transactions for approval to the Investment Committee, monitoring and reporting the social impact, ensuring investee’s continued growth and social mission, and negotiating attractive exits
- Running transaction processes from origination to execution
- Representing the fund on company boards and actively support value creation of the investment
- Initiate, maintain and deepen contacts with other stakeholders such as peer investors and technical assistance providers and support agencies in order to develop new opportunities
- Coordinating the evaluation of social performance of target investee companies, conducting due diligence (financial, social, legal and regulatory) and risk analysis
- Support the development over the longer term of other impact investment funds
What we can offer:
- Competitive package
- Proactive and entrepreneurial work environment passionate about impact investing
- Opportunity to become partner in the medium term leveraging a dynamic learning environment
- Opportunity to live in Madrid which offers great quality of life at all levels
- University degree; MBA or other relevant graduate studies would be a plus
- 10+ years of investing experience in inclusive finance/ agriculture/ other impact investing sectors with a minimum of 5 years of experience investing in financial institutions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate teams of highly qualified professionals
- Passion for social change through for-profit impact investments
- A result-oriented, open and entrepreneurial work attitude
- Fluent in English both orally and in writing. Working knowledge of Spanish required. Willingness to travel abroad on a regular basis
- Ability to relocate to Madrid a must
Please send an email with your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com mentioning “Director of Investments” in the subject. Expected starting date September 2019.
GAWA Capital is a growing impact investing firm founded in 2009 and headquartered in Madrid. Our mission is to promote social and economic development among low income communities in developing countries by leveraging private capital markets and entrepreneurship. We apply the best practices from the private equity and impact investment industry in order to provide our investors with competitive financial returns and sustainable social impact. Today we have over €50M in assets under management making both debt and equity investments in financial inclusion and other impact investing sectors.
We offer the opportunity of actively contributing to a sustainable society. We have an entrepreneurial, value-based, informal and transparent culture. We do what we do because we believe we can make a difference making this world more just. We offer a dynamic working environment within a growing organization where there is room for personal ideas and initiatives.
GAWA Capital is currently launching a large fund (over €100MM) focusing on agriculture finance in developing countries with an innovative blending finance structure and which has a €8MM in Technical Assistance Facility to support investees.
For more information, please visit www.gawacapital.com