About the Job
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire a Communications Coordinator to support the communications and outreach efforts across all programs and activities of a fast-paced, growing organization.
The Communications Coordinator will report to the Director of Communications.
• Support the GIIN Investor Forum, an annual event run by the GIIN, including monitoring delegate and sponsorship sales, supporting speaker outreach and briefings, arranging key meetings and sending marketing materials
• Support the GIIN’s public relations implementation, including disseminating press releases, preparing briefing materials, organizing interviews with journalists and tracking against targets
• Support the production of communications and marketing materials, including e-newsletter items, press releases, website copy, and PowerPoint presentations for both select industry stakeholders and broad public audiences, to increase the visibility of impact investing and the GIIN’s role in the industry’s growth
• Monitor and keep track of industry news and events to support content creation for the “News from the Field” section of the GIIN’s website and social media
• Maintain inventory of content from speeches, interviews, and media coverage to ensure that GIIN spokespeople are conveying a consistent message in line with the GIIN’s brand
• Provide back-end support to the GIIN’s website by updating content for program team pages when needed, and monitoring analytics
• Preparing quarterly reports for funders, summarizing recent and upcoming GIIN communications activity
• Salesforce administration, including contact maintenance and ad-hoc reporting
• Provide general, as-needed administrative support to the Communications team
The ideal candidate for the role must have strong multi-tasking skills, an interest in both traditional and social media, and a deep conviction that communication is instrumental in the success of new ideas.
• Highly organized, attention to detail, results oriented
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with various stakeholders
• Interest in impact investing or social and environmental issues
• Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Communications or similar degree)
• 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience
• Comfortable with managing web or online communications tools (eg, WordPress); basic HTML knowledge preferred, but not necessary
• Some experience planning events
• Working knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with Google Analytics, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and Adobe Creative Suite advantageous
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. State “Communications Coordinator _ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter and include your salary requirements.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now nearly ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 280 members in 41 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org