About the Job
The Advisory Services team is seeking to hire an Analyst. Advisory Services Analysts support the delivery of NFF’s services to social sector clients and serve as an integral member of the team. As an entry-level position, Analysts engage a wide cross-section of the team and work closely with practice managers and senior consultants by providing project management and analyses of quantitative and qualitative data.
The NFF Advisory Practice is a fast-paced environment, and Analysts help to manage a substantial portfolio of work. Successful Analysts exercise excellent time and task management skills; work efficiently within a team structure; communicate in a clear, compelling, and accessible manner; exhibit a high level of individual accountability, and embody NFF Values in all tasks and responsibilities.
This position will be based in NFF’s Boston, MA office. This position will report to the Manager, Advisory Services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Advisory Services Operations, Initiative, and Knowledge teams to support rigorous systems and data management, capacity and workflow management, and organizational learning.
- Support initiatives by working closely with senior consultants to plan and manage project work plans, timelines, and deliverables. Manage client communications and client information/data capture, as well as track and manage progress against budget, capacity, and delivery targets.
- Conduct financial analyses, organizational assessments, and sector research. *
- Synthesize analyses into observations about the financial health and performance of NFF’s clients and the social sector.
- Organize and synthesize knowledge-related documents and track new content or tools in development.
- Contribute to high-quality client deliverables, including PPT presentations, engagement memos, research reports, and workshop/training curriculum.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Requirements for Education and/or Experience:
- This is an entry-level position.
- Professional maturity and ability to build relationships with colleagues, clients, funders, board members, and leaders in the field in a way that is consistent with NFF Values: Equity in Action, Generosity of Spirit, Rigor without Attitude, Responsiveness and Leading by Doing (For more information on the NFF Values, visit: https://nff.org/page/our-values).
- The position requires close coordination between multiple divisions within Advisory Services (Operations/Knowledge/Client Services Delivery/Business Development). As such, the applicant must have strong communication skills and an ability to work closely with their manager and other Analysts to meet a broad range of responsibilities.
- The ability to analyze, synthesize, and present complex data and information in an accessible manner.
- Project management skills and familiarity with the development of work plans and Gantt Chart project plans.
- Time management, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a close-knit group of professionals.
- Interest and ability to travel nationally, year-round, up to 15% of the time.
- Demonstrated interest in the social sector and an openness to learning about new things.
- Flexible, curious, creative, and enthusiastic, with a sense of humor.
Specialized Knowledge/Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience with SharePoint, Salesforce, and/or Microsoft BI.
- Facility with nonprofit accounting, finance, financial model building, and/or statistics.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Apply directly at https://nonprofitfinancefund.applytojob.com/apply/ZCdslPtTfP/Analyst-Advisory-Services-Boston-MA?source=GIIN
Nonprofit Finance Fund
What We Do:
Nonprofit Finance Fund (NFF) works toward a more just and vibrant society through:
Financing that invests in missions. Our customized financing strengthens hardworking nonprofits and social enterprises.
Consulting that empowers leaders. Our experts equip you to make financial decisions that best serve your mission.
Partnering on big problems. Service providers, funders, and investors turn to us for new ways to collaboratively support stronger, fairer communities.
Learning that helps illuminate paths to solving complex social issues. Sharing experiences and expertise – from ideas to anecdotes to cutting-edge data and analysis – makes it easier.
Nonprofit Finance Fund® (NFF®) advances missions and social progress in underserved communities through financing, consulting, partnerships, and knowledge-sharing. A leading Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), NFF currently manages over $329 million. Since 1980, we have provided $871 million in financing and access to additional capital in support of over $2.9 billion in projects for thousands of organizations nationwide.