About the Job
As Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, you will work directly with our Cultivation team and coordinate all M&E activities necessary to evaluate the services offered by Alterna to entrepreneurs as well as evaluating other activities carried out within the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
The scope of your work will include:
- Coordinating and strengthening the collection of data from served entrepreneurs through surveys, interviews, and other collection methods deemed necessary
- Optimizing data flows, processes, and technical management of data through internal tools and platforms
- Generating evaluation reports for internal and external audiences, through a solid statistical analysis of key metrics, identifying correlations, trends, and projections.
- Analyzing entrepreneurs' needs as they move through our pipeline of services
- Supporting the cultivation team with impact measurement strategies, coordinating the collection of social and environmental impact data from served entrepreneurs, generating impact reports in order to develop new social innovation services
- Strengthening the knowledge management processes, generating continuous learning and evaluation of the contribution of Alterna to the development of served businesses.
- Participating in project design by providing detailed data analysis and concrete recommendations to inform strategic decision making.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Four or more years of professional experience in related roles
- A degree in Business, engineering, statistics, or economics- masters degree is a plus
- Previous experience in M&E in a public or private organization.
- Previous experience with entrepreneurship or small and growing businesses, ideally including social enterprises
- Experience living or working in a developing country and an understanding of the challenges and opportunities in this context
- Strong Office Suite skills, particularly an advanced level of Excel
- Familiarity with and comfortable use of data bases and CRM software. Knowledge of at least one data management or statistical analysis software. (CRM softwares, R, Stata, SQL, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both Spanish and English.
We look for innovators; those who are excited by challenges; those who are looking to dive into problems head first; those who don’t take no for an answer and if you like to have fun while you work we wouldn’t be disappointed.
Please apply via our career portal: https://carreras.alterna.pro/recruit/Portal.na
We are a platform that designs, proposes and activates routes of innovation to achieve sustainable, inclusive and profound change. We seek systemic impact, building from the details up.
At Alterna, we believe in a world in which the ability to transform reality can arise from any context; therefore, we activate transformative businesses from the ground up. Since 2011, we have worked with more than 1,500 entrepreneurs to help strengthen and scale the region’s most disruptive and high-impact businesses.