About the Job
This position will report directly to the Impact & ESG Analyst and is a key support member of TriLinc Global LLC’s (TriLinc) investment team. The Impact & ESG Intern will participate in the impact and ESG analysis and portfolio reporting activities of TriLinc’s funds.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute growth plans.
- Represent TriLinc in a manner that is consistent with our purpose, mission, vision, and values.
- Actively support the culture of accountability for execution and results.
Impact and ESG Analysis
- Support the impact and ESG analysis performed on portfolio companies within both trade finance and term loans as needed, including: analysis of portfolio company industry and business activities, compliance with TriLinc’s impact and ESG policies and procedures, and analysis of baseline and annual impact and ESG assessments.
- Assist with the review and monitoring of pertinent metrics that may affect portfolio company impact and/or ESG performance.
- Assist with the collection, review, and verification of portfolio company-level impact and ESG documentation.
- Assist, on a proactive basis, with the monitoring of both macro and industry-specific events that could affect the impact and/or ESG performance of each borrower.
- Enter and reconcile impact and ESG data and generate reports in eFront, including: borrower impact metrics, documentation uploads, and dashboard reporting.
- Prepare Initial Sustainability and Impact Reviews (ISIRs) for review by the Impact & ESG Analyst, the Chief Investment Officer, and the Sustainability and Impact Committee.
- Serve as a participant of the Sustainability and Impact Committee.
Portfolio Reporting & Marketing
- Create content for investment spotlights, monthly investment portfolio and impact updates, press releases, and website content for TriLinc’s funds.
Work with Impact & ESG Analyst to create and produce impact and/or ESG reports on an annual basis.
- Monitor both macro and industry specific events that could affect the ESG and/or impact performance on a proactive basis.
- Identify key impact and/or ESG risks and be able to assess TriLinc and portfolio company mitigants.
- On a daily basis engage with key on the ground partners in various developing markets.
Other Investment Department Responsibilities
- Coordinate all relevant materials for TriLinc Advisors’ Sustainability and Impact
- Serve as a non-voting participant of TriLinc Advisors’ Investment Committee.
- Maintain compliant investment department files.
- Develop and maintain TriLinc’s impact and ESG industry research library.
- Assist the CIO and Impact & ESG Analyst, as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Juniors and Seniors pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution (or recent college graduates), preferably in finance, statistics, sustainable development, international business, economics, or similar related study focus or minimum 1 year of applicable impact & ESG investing experience.
- Preference is given towards those residing in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Passion for our mission to create positive impact.
- Existing relationships with other impact industry participants a plus.
- Preference for prior experience with managed investment products.
- Interest in socio-economic development and knowledge of emerging market investing a plus.
- Ability to work across cultures, communicate with colleagues in different time zones and be an effective team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in foreign languages is a plus.
E-mail resume and cover letter to "email@example.com"