About the Job
This position will report directly to the Chief Investment Officer and is a key member of the investment team with responsibility for leading the ESG and impact efforts of TriLinc Global, LLC. Together with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), the Director of Marketing and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of ESG and Impact will be responsible for the overall impact strategy at both the corporate and individual fund(s) level.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute growth plans.
- Represent TriLinc in a manner that is consistent with our purpose, mission, vision, and values.
- Participate in overall strategy discussions for TriLinc Global to ensure we meet our goal of becoming a multi-billion dollar investment company.
- Participate in industry discussions and stay current on market research to develop and implement an overall, scalable global sales strategy for TriLinc Global looking forward to the next 10 years.
Lead TriLinc’s ESG Efforts
- Drive the TriLinc ESG strategy, methodology and processes to ensure that TriLinc
remains best-in-class. This includes continuously evolving ESG policies and practices, and staying current on the activities of other firms’ activities in the industry.
- Continued development and refinement of TriLinc’s Industry Position Statements, which will help to guide the investment team’s screening of potential investments, will provide guidance to other industry professionals regarding TriLinc’s positions on various “sensitive” ESG issues.
- Oversee and lead the education effort with Investment Partners to ensure they are well educated regarding TriLinc’s policies and procedures, and that there is an appropriate and consistent implementation of TriLinc’s ESG policies.
- Serve as the sustainability and impact analyst for all Category A investments and select Category B investments.
- Manage the Sustainability and Impact analyst team.
Lead TriLinc’s Impact Tracking and Reporting Processes
- Drive the TriLinc impact strategy, methodology and processes to ensure that TriLinc remains best-in-class in the Impact Investing industry. This includes continuously defining, redefining and staying current on the activities of other firms’ activities in the industry.
- Develop, implement and maintain all impact-related practices, policies and procedures for TriLinc and its fund family.
- Working with TriLinc’s partners, develop and implement impact tracking, reporting and verification processes that are appropriate to the individual fund(s) impact goals and objectives.
- Serve as a member of TriLinc’s Investment Committee (IC) and directly manage
TriLinc’s impact tracking process to ensure that for each fund TriLinc advises, the Company is meeting our requirements. This includes: (1) Working directly with fund investment partners, (2) Working directly with borrower companies, as needed, and as coordinated with the investment partners, (3) Managing the ESG and Impact audit process, (4) Interfacing with e-Front and other internally used systems. (5) Interfacing with IRIS and other external partners
- Directly manage the impact reporting process, working closely with TriLinc’s marketing team in the development of sales and investor material, including pro-actively suggesting ideas for more consumptive reporting for fund investors. Materials include, but are not limited to: (1) Interim impact reports, (2) Annual impact reports, (3) Borrower profiles, (4) Website information. (5) Other materials as needed or requested
- Eventually, lead the development of TriLinc’s “technical assistance” efforts.
- Serve as the key liaison with investors regarding ESG and impact issues, including phone calls, occasional in-person meetings, and webinars.
- Participate in the Annual Private Funds Advisory Board meeting to present key data and information regarding the impact of TriLinc’s private funds, as well as, trends and developments in the impact investing industry.
- Perform on-going impact-related research (including ESG, sustainable investing, values-based investing, etc.) and provide the TriLinc team with periodic summary information and key trend analysis to continue to inform the Company’s strategic direction.
- Actively participate in the Impact Investing industry, to both inform TriLinc’s impact efforts, as well as, to assist in the development of the industry. This includes, but is not limited to: (1) Conference participation, (2) Participation in networking groups, (3) Serving as a liaison for TriLinc with industry working groups such as GIIRS, ANDE, IRIS, etc., (4) Contributing TriLinc’s data to the IRIS data repository
- Lead TriLinc’s efforts to maintain its B Corp and UN PRI Signatory status.
- Manage the impact-related messaging (internal and external) and positioning for TriLinc Global, LLC, including working with TriLinc’s marketing team, contributing to industry research pieces and ensuring that messages are consistently being communicated.
- Actively participate in presentations and speaking engagements to help promote TriLinc as an impact industry thought leader.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of business experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year institution, MBA preferred.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Passion for our mission to create positive impact.
- Existing relationships with other impact industry participants.
- Preference for prior experience with managed investment products.
- Interest in socio-economic development and knowledge of emerging market investing a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents and to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to make effective presentations on complex topics to senior management and outside stakeholders.
- Ability to work across cultures, communicate with colleagues in different time zones and be an effective team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in foreign languages is a plus.
E-mail resume and cover letter to "firstname.lastname@example.org"