About the Job
Impact Measurement and Management (IMM) is a critical component of impact investment. To support coordinated IMM across the field, the GIIN oversees IRIS+, which enables credible and comparable impact data across the impact investing industry. By expressing metrics through evidence-backed core metrics sets, IRIS+ builds on a proven track record as the most widely recognized source of generally accepted impact metrics that are used by impact investors.
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire a Summer Associate to support the IRIS and Impact Measurement & Management program. To make IRIS+ a market-shaping resource, supporting pieces of content to help users better understand the features, examples in practice, and value proposition of IRIS+ will be necessary for its successful deployment. The Summer Associate will be integral to the development of these supporting resources.
The Summer Associate will report to the Senior Associate, Impact Measurement & Management (IMM).
• Project lead IRIS+ guidance resources, which could include mapping an investment portfolio to IRIS+ core metrics sets, illustrative investor case studies, and a deliverable to demonstrate the value and uses of IRIS+ to senior management teams.
• The Summer Associate will be encouraged to propose and execute additional resources as appropriate.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with other GIIN teams to move work forward.
The ideal candidate for the role must have strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Highly organized, attention to detail, results oriented
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with various stakeholders
• Demonstrated interest in impact investing or impact measurement & management
• Must thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, communicate effectively, and identify opportunities for streamlining processes
• Working knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
• Current candidate in competitive graduate program a plus
• Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values: https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles
Email cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. State “Summer Associate IMM_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now nearly ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 280 members in 41 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org