About the Job
Impact Measurement and Management (IMM) is a critical component of impact investment. To support coordinated impact measurement across the field, the GIIN oversees IRIS+, a metrics-based system that leading impact investors use to drive social and environmental results throughout the investment management process.
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire a Manager to play a critical role in program development to support the IRIS+ and IMM program, specifically in areas related to adoption, investor education, implementation guidance, stakeholder relationship building, tracking, and management. In this role, the Manager will lead the GIIN’s work to drive adoption and uptake of IRIS+ and other impact measurement and management resources. In close collaboration with the broader GIIN team, the Manager will contribute to cross-functional activities related to IMM as well as to GIIN-wide investor-focused events.
The Manager will report to the Senior Manager, IRIS+ and IMM.
IRIS+ Adoption and Investor Education
• Activate GIIN members and other industry players to pilot, refine, adopt, and promote the use of impact measurement & management resources.
• Plan and hold training sessions with investors in target countries based on strategic planning.
• Set, plan, and execute the IRIS+ and IMM agenda, for key convenings and events such as the GIIN Investor Forum, including overall strategic planning and project management with essential internal and external stakeholders.
• Represent the GIIN at conferences and events around the world.
• Collaborate with the Communications team to create IMM content to explain the GIIN’s growing IRIS+ based IMM initiatives.
• Produce instructional materials such as training guides, worksheets and other educational content for IRIS+ to support investor uptake and adoption.
• Work cross-functionally with other GIIN initiatives (Membership, Research, Outreach,) to develop and carry out program activities.
• Organize and contribute to the development and execution of Linkages between IRIS and other impact standards through deliverables including investor-user snapshots, webinars, demos, and workshops.
• Identify and secure endorsements with strategic investor adopters.
• Support adoption and educational activities amongst GIIN members.
• Develop innovative ways to attract and inform new stakeholders / users about IRIS+ and impact measurement & management.
• Develop and grow partnerships with strategic external stakeholders to promote and leverage training and IRIS+ and IMM resources
The Manager must have demonstrated product adoption and training experience with mid- to senior-level executives and considerable skill and experience in developing instructional materials. The Manager must have strong project management skills, excellent writing skills, and be knowledgeable of impact measurement management resources, practices (and debates), investment concepts, structures, and practice. The ideal candidate has a passion for teaching and scaling impact investing with integrity, is committed to teamwork, adept at identifying and synthesizing patterns and trends, organized, and is highly resourceful. Experience in rapid-growth organizations is preferred.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience demonstrating the ability to manage projects, key relationships, and multi-stakeholder engagements
• Strong conviction that investment capital can effectively address social and environmental challenges
• Bachelor’s degree; experience in relevant fields required (e.g., Business, Finance, Evaluation / IMM, Education, Sales & Marketing), graduate degree preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving, critical and creative thinking skills; a proactive approach to solving problems
• Team-orientated with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Detail-oriented, with high standards of performance
• Foreign language skills, a plus
• Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values: https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles
LOCATION:Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. This position will be based in New York, NY.
COMPENSATION:Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. State “IRIS+ and IMM Manager _ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now nearly ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 280 members in 41 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org