About the Job
We are seeking a Private Debt Investment Fellow. In this position you will support the impact investment debt team in the New York office, with responsibilities including analyzing investment opportunities, supporting due diligence processes, conducting research projects and designing and producing marketing material.
Your tasks will include:
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis of social enterprises, including financial modeling, industry research and operational analysis
- Supporting the deal team in producing investment recommendations
- Supporting review and negotiation of legal agreements and managing internal processes to close deals
- Assisting with investment monitoring, impact reporting, market research and marketing efforts
- Various ad hoc projects and administration as necessary
What we offer
- The Fellow will be offered a 6- to 9-month paid position
- Opportunity to develop hands-on skills in the impact investment sector from some of the world's leading private market experts
- Exciting work environment with a passionate and talented international team in a fast-growing, ambitious company
Only candidates who are US residents or currently hold a valid US work permit can be considered
We are looking for a professional with the willingness and ability to excel within a highly entrepreneurial organization.
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university, preferably with a focus on Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and/or Economics and excellent academic record
- At least 2 years work experience in a relevant field (preferably Private Equity, Private Debt, Consulting or Investment Banking) or an MBA from a top business school. Work experience in emerging markets is preferred.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player with excellent analytical, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for impact investing, development finance or social enterprise work
- English language proficiency with excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a challenging environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
PG Impact Investments
Partners Group is a global private markets investment manager, serving over 850 institutional investors. We have USD 83 billion in assets under management and more than 1200 professionals across 19 offices worldwide. We realize potential in private markets by financing and developing great companies, desirable real estate and essential infrastructure. We create value in our investments through active and long-term responsible ownership.
PG Impact Investments AG
We are a global impact investment firm backed by Partners Group, one of the largest private markets investment managers in the world. Our mission is to harness the efficiency of private markets and entrepreneurship to alleviate poverty and address pressing social and environmental challenges.
PG Impact Investments follows an integrated investment strategy in order to generate both social impact and market rate financial returns. The firm invests across all sectors and geographies with a focus on housing, education, healthcare, financial services, energy access, and food and agriculture in emerging markets. The firm has executed transactions in the private debt and private equity markets as well as in funds and customized mandates.