About the Job
About Turner Healthcare Facilities Fund, L.P.:
Turner Healthcare Facilities Fund (“THFF” or “the Fund”) develops healthcare facilities that deliver affordable, patient-centered medical services to patients in underserved communities across the United States. THFF works with a broad range of healthcare providers that have a demonstrated track record of clinical and financial success, in order to directly address disparities in health outcomes, access to quality care, and patient satisfaction. Launched in early 2018, the Fund has invested in 15 community-serving healthcare facilities to-date (which will serve ~44,000 patients at maturity) and is positioned to invest up to $450 million in a variety of community-serving healthcare facilities, across preventative primary care, transitional care, ambulatory care and other services.
THFF is seeking an Analyst to join its dynamic and growing team in Santa Monica, CA. This is an opportunity to join a pioneering, highly sophisticated impact investing platform at the ground floor and play a central role in the fund’s trajectory.
Analysts play a critical role in all investments and have a high level of exposure to senior firm leadership. This role is unique in that it has the ethos and growth opportunity of a startup but is led by a seasoned team with a long and successful track-record.
Qualified candidates should have 1-3 years of experience in an investment banking, real estate or other finance-related role. Candidates are ideally looking for relevant principal investing experience at a private equity firm and in the field of social impact investing. Opportunity for direct promote to associate and above.
• Supporting the underwriting of investments, including conducting market research, feasibility analysis on investments, and delivery of Investment Summaries;
• Extensive financial modeling, including ability to analyze investment cash flows and structure scenario-based models;
• Initiating and coordinating efforts to procure debt financing; negotiating terms with potential lenders;
• Handling asset management, construction loan draws and vendor payments;
• Preparation of quarterly reporting materials;
• Organizing and preparing materials for Annual Investor Meeting;
• Travelling to various U.S. regions for business development and asset management.
• Strong quantitative skills and 1-3 years of experience in investment banking, real estate or other finance-related role (Candidates will be required to take a financial modeling case study)
• Strong oral and written presentation skills;
• Meticulous attention to detail, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• Proactive and self-motivated, with strong work ethic
• Superior proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
• A Bachelors’ degree or greater;
• Passion for community development and economic development;
• Experience in real estate finance is preferred, but not required; demonstrated interest in healthcare is preferred.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “THFF Analyst”.
Turner Impact Capital
Turner Impact Capital is a mission-driven real estate private equity firm, deploying capital into the development of high-quality community-serving infrastructure that addresses our society’s most pressing challenges. The founding principals of our firm bring deep real estate investing experience and have collectively developed and managed over $12 billion in commercial real estate.
Our investment strategy delivers strong financial returns to our investors, while also improving access to critical services within traditionally underserved urban communities. Turner Impact Capital is currently investing under three strategies that positively impact access to education, workforce housing and healthcare, respectively.