About the Job
To strengthen our team we are looking for an Investment Manager Agrofinance for Africa. The person will be based out of the Antwerp, Belgium office, or Nairobi, Kenyan office, according to preference.
• Identify investment debt prospects in Africa in the agro value chain and with a special focus towards companies or association related to smallholder’s farmers.
• Lead the due diligence of possible prospects with the purpose of preparing an investment proposal to the investment committee.
• Lead the negotiations of investment conditions looking forward in obtaining the best return on investment for the funds.
• Present and defend proposals before the investment committees to obtain its approval.
• Lead the closing of transactions, together with the legal area (contracts), to assure that the conditions agreed are included in the documents.
• Lead the investment monitoring in order to assure quality in the investment portfolio and the credit repayment.
• Monitor the investment debt pipeline in order to assure the execution of the portfolio goals.
• Master´s degree in finance or economics with specialty in agro or Agronomist with special degree in finance
• Technical domain of debt / loan investment
• Bilingual in English & French (a must)
• Good IT user skills (excellent knowledge of MS Office)
• 4 to 5 years of experience in working in the agricultural value chain ideally in investments and/or Technical assistance. Deep knowledge of the African agriculture context.
Important notice: Only candidates fulfilling these criteria will be contacted.
All interested candidates need to send their CV as well as a cover/motivation letter to David Dewez (firstname.lastname@example.org), Incofin’s Fund Manager Agro before February the 20th 2019.
Incofin Investment Management
Incofin is a leading international impact investment company focused on investing in dynamically managed enterprises in emerging countries. Driven by a strong interest for business solutions that promote inclusive progress, Incofin wants to improve the lives of the more vulnerable or less privileged people. By doing so, Incofin is committed to deliver attractive returns to its investors. The company has over 15 years of experience in dealing with risk capital in the form of debt and equity investments and currently has ~$1b committed assets under management. Incofin has a loyal investor base comprising leading development finance institutions, banks, insurance companies, pension funds, alternative investment funds, high net worth and retail investors.
Incofin focuses on the financial services (investing in institutions active in microfinance, MSME finance, housing finance, educational finance, etc.) and the agricultural sector and provides real expertise in the field of financial inclusion, mostly for rural and agricultural end-clients. Incofin is an involved investor and is "committed beyond investment": its investor team supports portfolio companies before, during and after the investment through coaching, customer care and technical assistance.
All of Incofin’s activities come under the umbrella of strong values and purpose. Incofin commits to the highest professional standards and ethical values and goals.