About the Job
To apply, please please fill out our recruitment form at:
1. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
2. Manage outsourced functions
3. Oversee the operations of the accounting function, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
4. Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiaries, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
1. Issue timely and complete financial statements
2. Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
3. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
4. Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
5. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
6. Provide for a system of management cost reports
7. Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
8. Create and send investor reports for limited partners in the firm’s SPVs
1. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
2. Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
3. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH FUND ACCOUNTING AND THE INVESTMENT INDUSTRY
The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and writing sample.
Flat World Partners
Flat World Partners is a next generation investment advisory and asset management firm, solely focused on Impact Investments. We take a global, active and transparent approach to our investment strategy; seeking out the best in class opportunities that meet the needs of clients. We work alongside your investment team to build customized impact portfolios. We’re constantly talking to the impact market, diligencing managers, products and direct investments to help you drive your business for generations to come.