About the Job
The Sorenson Impact Center is hiring a Senior Associate in the field of marketing and social impact to manage an Opportunity Zone project which will ultimately improve outcomes for citizens of distressed communities. The ideal candidate will support the development and implementation of strategic planning and marketing programs by conducting market research, analyses, and assisting in the design and implementation of marketing strategies and materials using a variety of advertising media. The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about leveraging media to champion social impact.
This position will join a team of highly collaborative and motivated professionals working on a wide range of social policy issues, from homelessness to early childhood outcomes. Our goal is to improve policy and practice at the local, state, and federal levels through research and through providing technical assistance on how to implement evidence-based solutions and innovative financing strategies (such as Pay for Success / Outcomes-based Financing) to serve vulnerable populations. The position will be responsible for contributing to projects across the Sorenson Impact Center’s government, nonprofit, and social policy portfolios.
1. Develops new and updates existing web platforms.
2. Creates branding, logo marks, and brand guidelines.
3. Prepares and writes reports, speeches, talking points, press releases, email campaigns, and film scripts.
4. Creates graphic illustrations, social media campaigns, advertisements, decks, and presentations.
5. Coordinates special projects related to Opportunity Zones.
6. Assists in the conceptualization and execution of major campaigns.
7. Communicates with PR, media groups, and contractors regarding current and future advertising campaigns.
8. Manages marketing student fellows/associates.
9. Other duties as assigned
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related area of assignment or equivalency; two years of related experience. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required.
Prior work experience related to marketing in social impact is preferable.
Please apply online to be considered for this position: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/87207
University of Utah - Sorenson Impact Center
The state’s oldest and largest institution of higher education, the University of Utah is the flagship university of the state. The University offers more than 100 undergraduate and 90 graduate degree programs to more than 31,000 students (23,500 undergraduate and 7,500 graduate). The University is noted for its high research profile, its diversity of ideas and people, its stunningly beautiful setting and the warmth, friendliness, and collegiality of its faculty staff, and students.