About the Job
ClearBridge Investments is seeking an Equity Research Analyst to join their New York-based Environment, Social, & Governance (ESG) investment program, which has over twenty-five years of history in sustainable investing. The analyst will be responsible for conducting fundamental research to assist in selecting high-sustainability investment candidates for our ESG strategies, including our Sustainability Leaders Strategy. In addition to fundamental research, the analyst will coordinate with the central research analysts in conducting ESG assessments and company engagements.
Coverage will include a variety of industries and capitalizations, with a specific focus on companies with strong ESG characteristics and businesses that demonstrate a sustainability theme (e.g., water conservation, renewable energy, clean technology, etc.). The analyst will be responsible for analyzing a company’s balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement, and using fundamental inputs to model future results including a thorough valuation analysis. These inputs are based on a thorough fundamental research process, including analysis of SEC filings, and developing a full understanding of the industry and business being analyzed. This typically includes an analysis of customers, suppliers, distributors and competitors in the industry.
• Fundamental research across a variety of market capitalizations and industries
• Written reports including an investment recommendation and thorough valuation analysis
• Frequent communication with the ESG investment team and central research analysts who actively integrate ESG factors in their coverage
• Generate new investment ideas as a supplement to central research coverage
• Maintain coverage of a number of stocks held in the ESG portfolios and Sustainability Leaders Strategy
• Attend and/or lead meetings with relevant company managements
• Support the ESG team in a variety of non-research activities as needed, including travel and marketing
ClearBridge offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit-sharing, paid time off, employee stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Clearbridge is an equal opportunity employer.
• 3-5 years of research analyst experience, preferably incorporating ESG analysis
• Experience analyzing companies with a sustainability theme preferred
• Exceptional analytical skills and rigorous financial statement analysis
• Ability to synthesize an investment opportunity in a timely fashion and reach a firm buy/sell conclusion
• Ability to collaborate as well as work independently
• Excellent communication skills; public speaking experience preferred
• Buy-side experience preferred
• College degree required; MBA and/or CFA preferred
Apply online at www.clearbridge.com or the following link: https://careers-leggmason.icims.com/jobs/3055/portfolio-analyst-%28esg%29/job?in_iframe=1
ClearBridge Investments is a well-established global investment manager with a legacy dating back more than 50 years and $147.5 billion in assets under management. We are committed to long-term results through active management. ClearBridge, an affiliate of Legg Mason (NYSE: LM), operates with investment independence from headquarters in New York and offices in Baltimore, San Francisco and Wilmington.
Led by the insight of proprietary, fundamental research and a team of Portfolio Managers with an average of 25 years of investment industry experience, our investment process provides clients with equity-focused strategies in a number of investment vehicles and personalized, value-added client service. Our strategies are oriented around three primary investment objectives: Low Volatility, High Active Share and Income Solutions.
The Firm fosters a warm and close-knit work environment and a culture that promotes career enhancement and development. For the past seven years, ClearBridge achieved 1st and 2nd place in the Pension & Investments Best Places to Work in Money Management survey.