About the Job
We’re looking for the next great leader to join our team – if you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are eager to lead the core operations of a growing global organisation, and enjoy building financial and operational systems to scale, then this might be the position for you.
As our Regional Executive Director, you will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of the overall strategic direction in Asia, working alongside the global Board in the UK, our local Boards in Asia, peer organisational leads, and other Wedu entities. This role includes the management of the foundation’s resources and the implementation of plans and strategies to make sure that the vision and sustainability of the organisation is achieved. You will have direct oversight over our core business functions, which includes finance & accounting, systems & IT, talent development & HR, office administration, and legal & compliance.
This role offers you a unique and challenging opportunity to work with an amazing and ambitious team to lead key areas of the organisation, as the entire Wedu model evolves and expands to serve more women leaders in innovative and sustainable ways. In particular, the role involves:
Operations Management & Leadership
- Overseeing and implementing high-level initiatives and systems-building that aid the team in more seamless project and KPI management and cross-team collaboration
- Identifying opportunities for consolidation and automation across all internal processes and teams, especially as new offices or entities evolve
- Ensuring the integrity of our data systems and data flow for effective and accurate impact, customer, and programme management
- Developing legal & compliance structures to adequately protect our growing influence
Financial Management & Fundraising
- Managing a growing P&L and core costs, including consolidation of accounts across all operational units, budgeting, cash flow forecasting, board reporting, KPI monitoring, etc.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key funders
- Overseeing Wedu’s finance & accounting policies, procedures, and systems
- Supporting the development of finance guidelines and interdependencies between entities and impact units in order to ensure sustainability of the whole system
Talent Development & Team Management
- Facilitating and improving upon talent management practices to ensure team satisfaction and ongoing professional development
- Overseeing the quality of all HR and employee lifecycle management processes, from recruitment and onboarding to performance management and retention
- Providing local leadership and nurturing a positive and productive team/office culture
- You have at least 10 years of previous work experience and have excelled in a similar role, ideally in the Asia region
- You have 3-5 years’ experience managing grants, budgets and P&Ls of increasing size and complexity, ideally in the millions of USD
- You have strong project management and relationship management skills, with experience collaborating with some of the world’s largest donors (e.g. USAID, UKAID, Gates Foundation, etc.)
- You are entrepreneurial and not afraid to take ownership, showing audacity and resourcefulness in identifying and acting upon opportunities to innovate; you are also flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and leading the change
- You have a proven track record of using data-driven analysis and critical thinking to design strategies, build targets, monitor progress and make decisions
- You are a skilled communicator – both a great listener and effective speaker and writer; you are confident and resourceful when reaching out to new people, and enjoy developing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- You are collaborative and have the ability to use systems-level thinking to see beyond your own work and balance individual and team goals
- You have a passionate commitment to promote social change and women’s leadership development, and are willing to go above and beyond in pursuit of our common mission
- A university degree in any field with excellent speaking and writing skills in English
- Proficiency in using Google’s web-based office tools; experience with Xero and Salesforce (or similar software) are also a plus but not required
- Women of Thai and Asian nationalities, as well as those already residing in Bangkok, Thailand, are encouraged to apply
Apply directly at http://www.weduglobal.org/careers/
At Wedu, we envision a world where half of all leaders are women. Founded in 2012, Wedu is a social enterprise whose mission is to nurture the leadership development of women around the world by supporting their unique, lifelong journeys with leadership development programmes, opportunities, and funding for education. These women leaders are inspiring individuals who are committed to changing the status quo in their communities. Today, we are proud to support over 700 women leaders across 24 countries who form the pillar of a growing community that we believe has the power to achieve large-scale social impact. We are currently registered in the UK and Thailand, and we are opening an office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with an ambitious long-term growth plan for Asia and beyond.