About the Job
Position Description: The Analyst role is a unique opportunity to work closely with financial sector innovators, agriculture supply chain experts and entrepreneurs who seek to advance financial inclusion for 500 million smallholder farmers and associated rural enterprises around the world.
Analysts are self-motivated and responsible for market research, financial analysis and project management in support of ISF’s work with organizations across the world. In a single day, an Analyst will be a researcher, strategist, program manager and implementer, supporting projects that range from multi-million dollar funds to individual products. Analysts report to the Executive Director and support Associates and Managers in all aspects of project execution.
- Conduct complex financial, market, and stakeholder analyses and specific problem-solving mandates
- Produce clear, concise written materials and presentations in connection with business development efforts and project execution
- Provide input and analysis for original ISF research efforts and support the production and creation of publishable content, in collaboration with the ISF’s communications team
- Contribute to ISF’s facilitation of multi-stakeholder relationships through workshops and meetings with partner organizations
- Support organic outreach, network-building and business development efforts
- Manage overall work plan, including tasks and milestones
- Travel as needed to support implementation
Desired qualifications: We seek candidates with professional experience in corporate or financial advisory and/or strategy consulting roles, preferably with top-tier firms and with emerging markets exposure. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, international affairs, public administration/policy, or other relevant field, with excellent academic record
- 1-2 years of professional experience in corporate or financial advisory, strategy consulting, or comparable experience working in a client-facing team environment involving deep analytical approaches
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills applied towards understanding and interpreting business operations, management capabilities, and practices
- Familiarity with innovative finance for development and common development finance tools (e.g. risk guarantees, concessional lending, blended finance, etc.)
- Passion for application of innovative financial structures and complex partnerships towards inclusive markets for rural populations
- Demonstrated experience getting things done independently under ambiguous circumstances particularly in developing countries
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Professionalism and demonstrated ability to work effectively with people at all levels within an organization
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Job Applicant: ISF Analyst” as the subject line.
ISF provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
ISF Advisors (Initiative for Smallholder Finance)
Background: ISF is an advisory firm that transforms rural economies through the creation of multi-stakeholder partnerships and delivery of investment advisory services that promote financial inclusion for farmers and associated enterprises. ISF’s primary role is to act as a “design catalyst.” The emphasis is on mobilizing additional financing for rural enterprises and seeding replication of innovative models. ISF works with public and private investors to develop new financial and partnership structures that can drive capital to rural clients and transform their economies. This typically includes a combination of partnership development and enterprise growth strategy while layering in financial inclusion and investment structuring expertise.
ISF’s team brings together management consultants and financial experts from leading strategy, investment banking and impact investing firms. Decades of specialized experience enables ISF to respond to the specific needs of rural enterprises, financial institutions and investors. ISF’s areas of expertise include: i) sector and related market assessment, ii) financial product structuring and service delivery model development, iii) transaction and capital raising advisory, and vi) enterprise growth strategy.
ISF is housed within the Global Development Incubator (GDI) and shares GDI’s commitment to building effective partnerships that make a significant and lasting impact.
For more information on ISF and GDI please refer to the respective websites: ISF website and GDI website.