About the Job
• Supporting senior management in all deal related tasks, including due-diligence, and deal structuring assignments
• Interacting with our implementing and financial partners in countries where we have investment vehicles
• Financial modeling and preparation of appropriate investment documentation
• Assisting senior management in the investment process, including following up with potential investors, keeping deadlines and managing the process
• Developing and vetting an extensive pipeline of potential opportunities, writing investment memos and presenting your findings to the Committee
• Keeping detailed records of potential pipeline opportunities, and providing statistics on trends to the management
• Writing and assisting in delivering reports on consulting assignments
• Conducting industry research and summarizing it in reports for internal and external use
• Inputting, and keeping up to date the company’s database and records
• Current undergraduate pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with a business emphasis plus equivalent work experience
• Understanding and interest in the impact investing and social enterprise sectors
• Exceptional business analytics and quantitative skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to operate with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent attention to detail, adherence to deadlines and consideration of follow-through
• Professional proficiency in Spanish required
Please send resume and cover letter to Wesley Chan firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Title – Total Impact Capital Intern.
The position is scheduled to start early-mid Feb and end 30th April. (However, we are flexible with the start and end days). You will be required to work 30 – 40 hours/ week. Some telework will be allowed.
Total Impact Capital
TOTAL Impact Capital (formerly known as Total Impact Advisors) specializes in structuring and managing impact investment vehicles and global investment opportunities that are socially and financially attractive, and works with investors who are searching for competitive returns and a chance to make a positive mark on the world. Working with high performing on-the-gorund implementers, including non-profits and social enterprises, we create financial products, including debt facilities and investment funds, that finance lasting, sustainable and profitable solutions to address today's biggest social challenges. Founded in 2010, TOTAL is headquartered in the Washington, DC area (Bethesda) with partners in New York, San Francisco, and Geneva. Please visit us at www.totalimpactcapital.com
We are currently seeking an intern to join us in our Bethesda office. This position will give you an opportunity to work on live deals and support the management in all deal related activities, including the management of a debt fund that finances rural and peri-urban water service providers in Central America. You will work directly with implementing partners, social enterprises, and local banks and financial institutions on investment and fund management projects, as well as with foundations and the government on our consulting assignments. Working with us will give you exposure to the different verticals and players in the impact investment space.