About the Job
Delphos International is seeking a self-starting junior finance professional to join its team as an Associate.
The Associate will be assigned to multiple transactions and company initiatives working with all members of the organization. The Associate is expected to perform the following duties with minimal oversight (in order of importance):
• Build, audit, manipulate/edit, and interpret dynamic financial models for greenfield and expansion infrastructure projects complete with financial statements, assumptions, covenant and return analysis, and other schedules as appropriate. Design and build out compelling modeling-based solutions for client analysis and deliverables.
• Conduct in depth sensitivity and scenario analyses for client businesses and financial models and produce visually compelling charts and summaries.
• Write thorough and well-organized, financial, credit and/or commercial memoranda for clients and investors.
• Assist in various tasks related to the origination and closing of project finance transactions.
• Assist in special projects and ad-hoc analyses.
• Analyze the credit standing and business prospects of companies and financial institutions based on financial models. Summarize and analyze critical assumptions, key risks, and financial performance of companies.
• Some domestic and international travel and client interface required with experience.
• $65k-$80k base salary based on experience and qualifications.
• Significant bonus potential.
• Potential for rapid career growth in a small, dynamic organization.
• 401k plan and market-standard benefit package.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field.
• Graduate degree (e.g., MBA, MS in Finance, etc.) or CFA a plus.
• Training in financial modeling and credit analysis a plus.
Prior Work Experience Required
• One to two years of financial modeling experience working for an accounting firm, investment or commercial bank, development finance institution, consulting/transaction advisory firm, or for a corporate.
• Relevant experience working in energy, infrastructure, or telecom sectors or experience doing project finance, M&A, investment/commercial banking or DFI lending is a plus.
• Intermediate to advanced financial modeling and sensitivity analysis skills.
• Experience analyzing and interpreting historical financial statements, including familiarity with the GAAP/IAS standards.
• Experience analyzing businesses for key assumptions, trends, risks, context supply/demand dynamics, and contracts.
• MS Excel expertise; working knowledge of macros/visual basic a plus.
• Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, often in an unstructured environment, with incomplete information or with minimal oversight.
• Ability to communicate with internal and external audiences.
• Concise and persuasive business writing skills.
Short-listed candidates will be asked to complete a hands-on exercise to confirm that the requirements set out above are met.
Finalist candidates will be required to pass a background check and a drug test.
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Associate Candidate” in the e-mail.
Delphos International is a premier independent financial advisory firm, founded in 1987 specializing in raising long-term, competitively-priced capital for businesses in emerging markets. Based in Washington, DC, we have arranged over $11 billion in equity, grants, loans, loan guarantees, and insurance to support the efforts of over 1,000 companies. We specialize in tapping into the resources of more than 350 government agencies and multilateral organizations worldwide to help clients realize their international business goals. In addition to our capital raising efforts, Delphos International has broad experience providing financial advisory services to government and private sector clients across multiple industries, including power, telecoms, agriculture, social infrastructure, real estate, and financial services, among others. Our geographic scope covers emerging and frontier markets globally, including Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe. For more details, visit www.delphosinternational.com.