About the Job
To strengthen our team we are looking for a Technical Assistance Junior Associate. The person will be based out of the Antwerp, Belgium office. This is a 6 months contract with possibility of extension
The Technical Assistance Junior Associate will be responsible for supporting the Technical Assistance Manager and Associate in the daily management of Incofin Technical Assistance (TA) facilities. He/ she will manage TA projects, prepare monitoring reports and streamline processes that allow the TA team to maintain and improve its efficiency, simplicity and speed of operations. At the same time he/ she will support TA fundraising activities, communications efforts, incl. organization of events and development of publications.
As a Junior Associate you will receive frequent coaching and mentoring from various colleagues. In this role you will work closely with your direct colleagues as well as the Investment team which is located in various offices of Incofin. In addition you will interact with both internal and external partner institutions from our global network.
• With a solid sense of ownership, manage projects across TA facilities, from idea identification, development of TA project proposals, procurement process, monitoring and evaluation. The projects will mostly focus on Latin America and West Africa.
• Ad hoc administrative project support: drafting legal agreements, preparing payment requests, etc.
• Support in the preparation of monitoring reports on TA facilities, including technical and financial monitoring
• Support in streamlining TA processes by improving financial management and reporting/pipeline tools, templates, legal documents, etc.
• Support in creating presentations and other preparatory materials to support TA fundraising
• Research on TA donors, industry trends, etc.
• Expanding and consolidating the consultant database
• Support in TA communications efforts (drafting articles, developing case studies, etc.)
• Support in the preparation and execution of TA committee meetings (formatting of documents, drafting minutes, technical set up, etc.)
• Support with the annual audit of TA facilities
• Assist with the organization of TA events
• Assist in developing TA publications and other knowledge materials
• Other task as applicable
• Background in social/political science, business, management, marketing, environmental studies
• Minimum 1 year of experience in development cooperation / microfinance / sustainability
• Excellent proficiency in English and Spanish; good knowledge of French is an asset
• Solid Excel skills, good with numbers and data
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Creative and ready to explore new opportunities
• ‘Can do’ attitude, action oriented and solutions driven
• High degree of flexibility, self-motivation and team work spirit
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Ability to function effectively in a geographically dispersed virtual team
• Clear fit with Incofin’s values
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to Viktoria Popova, Technical Assistance Manager: email@example.com
Incofin Investment Management
Incofin is a leading international impact investment company focused on investing in dynamically managed enterprises in emerging countries. Driven by a strong interest for business solutions that promote inclusive progress, Incofin wants to improve the lives of the more vulnerable or less privileged people. By doing so, Incofin is committed to deliver attractive returns to its investors. The company has over 15 years of experience in dealing with risk capital in the form of debt and equity investments and currently has ~$1b committed assets under management. Incofin has a loyal investor base comprising leading development finance institutions, banks, insurance companies, pension funds, alternative investment funds, high net worth and retail investors.
Incofin focuses on the financial services (investing in institutions active in microfinance, MSME finance, housing finance, educational finance, etc.) and the agricultural sector and provides real expertise in the field of financial inclusion, mostly for rural and agricultural end-clients. Incofin is an involved investor and is "committed beyond investment": its investor team supports portfolio companies before, during and after the investment through coaching, customer care and technical assistance.
In addition to direct debt and equity investments, Incofin also provides Technical Assistance services i.e. non-financial support for strategic projects to boost investee development. Since 2010, Incofin has raised ~$9m to fund >90 projects in >35 countries.
All of Incofin’s activities come under the umbrella of strong values and purpose. Incofin commits to the highest professional standards and ethical values and goals.