About the Job
We are searching for a talented Investment Officer to join our London investment team. As Ceniarth grows its pipeline of impact investment opportunities we need more capacity to evaluate and execute transactions. This role will involve leading due diligence and structuring for deals, including market research, financial analysis, management evaluation, impact analysis and legal papering. Investment Officers at Ceniarth also have portfolio management responsibilities, and engage with our investees to track progress on a quarterly basis. Investments will primarily be funds and debt transactions in emerging markets, specifically in agriculture, financial inclusion and SME finance.
Location: London, UK
Pay: Competitive; commensurate with experience
Reporting: This position reports to the Senior Investment Manager
• Lead multiple transactions in parallel: manage investee relationships, due diligence, structuring and deal execution
• Portfolio monitoring: maintain relationship with allocated portfolio companies and funds, collect reporting data and maintain view on investment health and social impact
• Firm building: contribute to ad hoc projects, including investment process development
• Top tier undergraduate education
• 5 – 8 years work experience in finance
• At least 2 years experience leading private debt transactions
• Experience investing in emerging markets
• Demonstrated interest in market based solutions benefiting underserved communities, especially in developing economies
• Eligible to work in the UK
Please submit a CV and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Investment Officer Application – [your name]”. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Ceniarth is a single-family investment office and private foundation focused on funding market based solutions benefiting underserved communities.
Our mission is investing to improve livelihoods in deeply underserved communities globally. This has translated into sectoral interests in areas such as agriculture, energy access, and financial services. Our work has primarily focused on developing markets with investments in Africa, India and Latin America, though we maintain a global lens and are evaluating a select set of developed market investments that specifically address issues of rural poverty and inequality.
We work with a broad range of investment tools to achieve our mission, including both direct and fund investments. Our transactions range from fully commercial investments scaling mature solutions, to concessionary investments intended to support high impact, yet difficult or new markets or business models.
Our current team of ten has been specifically assembled to serve this mission and consists of professionals with backgrounds in social entrepreneurship, social & institutional finance, development economics, public health, management consulting, and cross-border tax and legal expertise.
Illustrative investments to date can be found at ceniarthllc.com