About the Job
The Senior Investment Officer will originate and complete equity and debt investments in private enterprises active in the renewable energy sector in emerging countries.
Responsibilities & Tasks include:
• Originate investment opportunities fitting the mandate of ElectriFI, through active prospection and by establishing and managing a base of clients
• Evaluate investment opportunities based on their financial, social and environmental impact
• Structure and negotiate terms and conditions of such opportunities
• Lead and manage on-site due diligence missions
• Prepare and present investment recommendations to the Investment Committee and external stakeholders
• Organize the preparation of legal documents, in coordination with internal and external legal counsel
• Monitor a portfolio of investments, proactively identify risks and propose appropriate recommendations to ensure respect of agreements and preserve an acceptable credit profile, propose restructurings when needed
• Continuously engage with clients and a network with potential co-investors, DFIs, financial institutions and other relevant parties
The desired profile:
• 8+ years of relevant work experience in an investment function at an (impact) investment fund, private equity fund, financial institution or corporate finance house
• Solid experience in the renewable energy sector
• Master’s degree in business administration, Economics or Finance.
• Analytical mind, organized, precise and meticulous
• Keen to take initiatives, learn quickly and strive for results
• Excellent networking, negotiating and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Fluency in English and French
• Strong interest for impact investing and developing markets – experience in developing countries would be an asset
• Willingness to travel: ± 10-15% of time
Send your CV and cover letter in English to Dominiek Deconinck through firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter shall clearly outline your motivation and availability. We apologize that we can only respond to the candidates that we would like to invite for further discussions.
ElectriFI, managed by the EDFI Management Company
The EDFI Management Company (www.edfimc.eu) has been incorporated in 2016 by the association of 15 European Development Finance Institutions and is currently managing 2 investment facilities: ElectriFI (EUR 225 mln) and AgriFI (EUR 39 mln).
ElectriFI (www.electrifi.eu) is an impact investment facility funded by the European Commission, investing in private sector projects and companies in the sector of renewable energy and active in emerging countries. ElectriFI invests both in companies in the off-grid and the on-grid sectors. Typical business models include Independent Power Projects, Captive Power Projects, Minigrids and Solar Home Systems. ElectriFI measures its impact through indicators including number of connections, additional capacity installed, jobs created, etc. ElectriFI typically invests through high-risk instruments like equity, quasi-equity and junior debt.