About the Job
The Membership program provides a platform for like-minded organizations to deepen their engagement with the impact investment industry. The membership aims to serve two functions – (1) It assembles and maintains a community of actors (i.e. the Membership body) that contribute resources (both financial and non-financial) to the realization of the GIIN strategy; and (2) It delivers an advocacy function through enabling collaboration within and amongst the membership around targeted efforts to raise the professionalism of the industry as a whole and to enable individual members to apply best practices.
Within the Membership, the Investors’ Council (IC) is an invitation-only leadership group for active, large-scale impact investors. It provides a forum for experienced investors to strengthen practice, collaborate to address shared challenges, and lead the development of the industry. There are currently over 50 IC members, including foundations, development finance institutions, banks, family offices, pension funds, insurance companies, and asset managers.
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire a Membership Associate to play a key role in executing programming and advocacy work for, and on behalf of, members.
The Associate will report to the Membership Manager.
The ideal candidate for the role is a proactive problem-solver and people person, with strong organizational skills and a client-service orientation.
• Membership programming: Working with the manager, execute programming and support the development of new membership offerings.
• Event management: Execute operational and logistical elements of in-person and virtual events, including for programming, the GIIN Investor Forum, and other ad hoc events.
• Operations and administration: Support the operational and administrative needs of the Membership team.
• Relationship management: Support the management of relationships with existing GIIN members and partner organizations, as well as the development of new relationships with key stakeholders.
• Data management and knowledge-sharing: This could include:
o Documenting learnings from various programming efforts to influence members and the market to take action.
o Coordinating cross-team knowledge-sharing and data management.
o Supporting the tracking of engagement with GIIN members and other data management needs in Salesforce.
The Membership Associate must have strong organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and be collaborative, professional, resourceful, and highly responsible. Basic knowledge of investment concepts is highly desirable. Experience in high-growth organizations is advantageous, but not required.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience and experience in/with the financial sector is desirable
• Experience in project management and event preparation
• Bachelor’s degree required (business / finance or related degree a plus)
• Strong project management skills, with proven ability to develop and execute against a workplan to deliver high-quality and timely outputs (e.g., events and meetings, reports, and other activities for members)
• Professionalism in managing important internal and external stakeholder relationships
• Demonstrated event planning and execution skills, including experience with event logistics, developing event content, and working with speakers
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with ability to adapt approach and tone based on the audience and context
• Detail-oriented, with high standards of performance
• Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and relationships at once and deliver on deadlines
• Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and a proactive approach to problem-solving
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently while effectively prioritizing assignments and meeting deadlines
• Knowledge of impact investing, sustainable finance, or ESG
• Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with SalesForce
• Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact and good humor
• Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values: https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
LOCATION:Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. This position will be based in New York, NY.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com. State “Membership Associate First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now nearly ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 250 members in 36 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org