About the Job
We are looking for a new colleague in the function of an Energy Specialist with well-founded expertise to support Partner Institutions of the GCPF (Global Climate Partnership Fund – www.gcpf.lu), in developing their portfolio of projects that reduce greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions. The role is based in our Bangkok office. You will be able to apply your well-founded professional skills in Energy Efficiency by supporting the Carbon Impact Specialist in delivering relevant services mainly to the Energy Debt department but also to third parties.
Your Main Tasks
• Support Financial Institutions (FIs) with creative solutions to identify new investment opportunities that save energy or produce clean power
• Identify, collect and analyze information related to energy consumption for a wide array of technologies, so as to accurately determine future energy savings vis-à-vis an appropriate baseline
• Monitoring FI portfolios of renewable energy (RE)/energy efficiency (EE) projects and environmental and social risk management systems with a focus on identifying additional opportunities to expand impact and market depth
• Provide technical advice to the investment team in the assessment of the RE/EE market in key target countries
• Manage and coordinate energy audits of RE/EE projects in order to create demonstration effects and kick-start demand
• Coordinate field work of external consultants under Technical Assistance (TA) programs
Your Experience and Skills
• Degree in engineering with background and/or experience in Energy Efficiency
• Minimum of 6 to 8 years of work experience either in EE project development, EE consulting or RE/EE investment firm; experience in an energy consulting firm and/or energy audit firm is preferred
• Knowledge of Greenhouse Gas accounting is a plus
• Knowledge of Banks' operating model is preferable
• Strong motivation and desire to make a difference in the Climate Finance sector
• Strong writing and speaking skills in English are required
• Willingness to travel (~30-40%)
An exciting job, located in our Bangkok office, with plenty of room for personal initiative and within a multicultural growth environment, awaits you.
For any questions, please contact Karlette Joseph.
responsAbility Investments AG
responsAbility is one of the world’s leading asset managers specializing in development-related sectors of emerging economies. These sectors comprise the areas of finance, agriculture and energy. responsAbility provides debt and equity financing to non-listed companies with business models that target the lower-income section of the population and can thus drive economic growth and social progress. responsAbility offers professionally managed investment solutions to both institutional and private investors.