About the Job
The Corporate and Foundations Partnerships Team leads Plan International USA’s outreach, funding, and relationships with US-based private sector entities including corporations, private foundations, community foundations, donor-advised funds, giving intermediaries , and service and membership-based associations. Corporate and Foundation Partnerships is tasked with identifying, approaching and procuring funds from potential corporate donors and stewarding and bolstering support from the current portfolio. The team serves as a bridge between external donors / stakeholders and internal programming, technical, and financial staff, and requires a strong knowledge of Plan’s work and position in the global development arena, as well as ongoing global trends in corporate philanthropy.
The Manager for Corporate Partnerships contributes to this team by overseeing and coordinating the development and submission of proposals and concepts, the identification and cultivation of corporate donor prospects and partnerships, and the participation of Plan staff in global events and conferences that raise the visibility of Plan and our work with the private sector. The Manager would be responsible for cultivating, securing, and stewarding high-visibility corporate relationships and gifts, particularly through cause-related marketing, workplace giving, and employee engagement partnerships. The Manager will be responsible for growing Plan’s corporate portfolio of new cause-marketing and sponsorship partners. The Manager will support and, at times, take the lead on outreach efforts including speaking engagements and developing printed and online collateral, toolkits, and communications pieces on private sector engagement. S/he will represent Plan in a variety of situations including working with the CEO, senior staff, and heads or senior staff of corporations.
The Manager works closely with the Director of Corporate Partnerships, and may be responsible for managing Corporate Partnerships Assistants, and/or interns, as needed.
Management of a corporate donor portfolio; including the following activities:
- Identifies and interfaces with prospective donors in an attempt to increase the number of partners, gifts sizes, and renewal rates from US corporates for Plan
- Manage a stable of existing corporate partnerships, focusing on strategy and stewardship of partners to more robust giving plans
- Cultivate and secure a new set of corporate partners focused on cause-marketing, licensing, workplace giving, and employee engagement partnerships
- Develops briefings, presentations and customized collateral for prospective partners
- Researches opportunities and creates and manages strategies for prospect cultivation
- Works with staff in international and field offices to coordinate on global projects for corporate prospects
- Tracks and monitors reporting deadlines of projects associated with accounts in portfolio
- Develops and edits donor reports, coordinating with country offices and the finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting
Business Processes and Administration:
- Works closely with the Director to set and implement annual team goals, strategies, milestones, and timeline for reaching ambitious corporate partnerships goals and strategy
- Provides oversight on team business protocols, including donor correspondence; manages revenue trackers and portfolio assignments for the Corporate and Foundation Partnerships team
- Manages special initiatives and events as assigned
- Supervises Partnerships Assistants, and/or interns, as needed.
- Excellent writing, research, editing, and communication skills
- Great networking, sales and business development skills
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in cause marketing and fundraising fields
- Track record of problem solving, partner negotiation, and securing significant five-seven figure gifts
- Experience and familiarity with cause marketing, corporate social responsibility (CSR), point of sale. employee engagement and sponsorship
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions to execute on goals*
- Strong knowledge of the international development donor community
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ethical and principled decision making
- Enjoys creativity and learning new ways of doing things to remain fresh and up to date on industry trends
- Event sponsorship and special events experience a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree required: Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in corporate relations role, sales, cause marketing, philanthropy or related field
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Travel up to 30 percent of time, domestically and internationally
Plan seeks to fill this position as quickly as possible. Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [firstname.lastname@example.org] with the subject title "Plan – Manager, CP"
Plan International USA
Plan International USA is part of a global organization working with communities in over 50 countries to end the cycle of poverty for children and their families. Our mission promises a better future for children and their communities by equipping them with the skills and knowledge they need to create their own solutions. If you believe that the promise of children far exceeds the poverty they are born into, then don’t just hope for a better future, join our dedicated team to create a better future for all.