About the Job
3×5 Partners is expanding the team to support the growth and work of the firm as we launch our third fund. This position will be an excellent opportunity in the venture capital field. As part of a small team, you will gain exposure to, contribute to and participate in many sides of the business.
This Associate will likely be a three-year position with the potential for future career growth if there is mutual interest to do so. However, we are open to hiring an Analyst (undergraduate degree with less than 3 years’ work experience) or Principal (post-MBA and/or more significant/relevant work experience) for the right candidate.
The primary responsibility of the Associate is to help manage and improve the day-to-day activities of the firm, and support and complement the Managing Directors. This will include:
- Performing due diligence on and market research for potential investments
- Regular reporting for our investors, such as quarterly company valuations, written updates, and metric and impact scorecards
- Working with portfolio companies, including research projects, competitor analysis, and assisting with strategic direction
- Managing CRM, file management, and note documentation from information collection and meeting interaction
- Designing and executing projects of your own direction that help portfolio companies and the firm
We're looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Passion for work and creating impact
- Capacity to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Concerted drive and the ability to self-direct
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Articulate written and spoken communications
- Ability to quickly learn and become conversant in new fields, skills, and technology
Ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years’ work experience in an applicable field
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and strong Excel ability
- Provide diversity of skills, life experience, and perspective to current team members
Please apply here – http://erep.com/e/40605/job/
3×5 Partners is a growth-oriented venture capital firm in Portland, OR. We “invest in what the world needs.” We focus on the life sciences – medical device, diagnostics, biopharma – and resource sector – water, agriculture, energy, and natural resources. We are a small concentrated team built on many strong partnerships. 3×5 currently has over $260M invested in 10 companies across two funds and multiple SPVs. We are raising our Fund III which we expect to be $125M. Our investments range in size from $10M to $100M. While our portfolio companies range from a revolutionary drinking water technology to breakthrough therapeutic compounds to a burgeoning fish protein brand, they all share at least one trait: if they are successful, they will generate strong investment returns and have meaningful impact on our healthcare system or our planet.
Our Mission: We strive for a world in which the creation of wealth aligns with positive impacts for people and our planet.
Our Vision: With a foundation of loving, trusting relationships, we invest in passionate and high-performing teams with innovative ideas to build businesses that generate both wealth and impact.
Our Values: The fundamental building blocks without which we could not act are:
- Trust – Transparency, Accountability, Stewardship
- Love – Passion, Focus, Patience