About the Job
As an Investment Officer, you will originate and complete (quasi) equity and debt investments in private enterprises (mainly productive companies but also in funds and micro finance institutions) active in the agri-food sector in developing countries.
Your Responsibilities & Tasks
• Originate investment opportunities fitting the mandate of AgriFI, through active prospection and by establishing and managing a base of clients
• Evaluate investment opportunities based on their financial, social and environmental impact
• Structure and negotiate terms and conditions of such opportunities
• Lead and manage on-site due diligence missions
• Prepare and present investment recommendations to the Investment Committee and external stakeholders
• Organize the preparation of legal documents, in coordination with internal and external legal counsel
• Monitor a portfolio of investees with a focus on the financial and impact objectives of AgriFI, proactively identifying risks and proposing the appropriate recommendations to ensure the respect of contract agreements and preserve an acceptable credit profile, restructuring investments when needed
• Continuously engage with clients and a network with potential co-investors, DFIs, financial institutions and other relevant parties in order to build relationships, exchange information, promote EDFIMC's services and facilitate prospecting
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in an investment function at an (impact) investment fund, private equity fund, financial institution or corporate finance house
• Experience in financing agriculture value chains would be an asset.
• Master’s degree in business administration, Economics or Finance.
• Analytical mind, organized, precise and meticulous
• Ability to take initiatives, learn quickly and strive for results
• Excellent networking, negotiating and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong team player
• Fluency in English
• Strong interest for impact investing and developing markets – experience in developing countries would be an asset
• Willingness to travel: ± 10-20% of time
What we offer
• Permanent contract
• Located full time in Brussels
• Frequent travelling will contribute to the success in this role
Send your CV and cover letter in English to Dimitry Van Raemdonck through email@example.com. The cover letter shall clearly outline your motivation and availability.
AgriFI started in 2018, with a focus on AgriFI is an impact investment fund aiming at boosting investments in sustainable agriculture in developing countries. Its mandate consists in providing long-term finance to private enterprises active in the agri-food sector, with a value chain approach benefiting smallholder farmers. It is a unique EU-funded initiative joining public-private efforts: it associates the European Commission and the European Development Finance Institutions to leverage more private investments in the agriculture sector by demonstrating they can be both sustainable and profitable.