About the Job
The Development Associate will support fundraising and partnerships with current and prospective funders in a fast-paced organization. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the organization’s next phase of growth, helping to achieve its ambition of harnessing the power of financial markets to solve pressing global challenges. This position also offers front-row exposure to the dynamic impact investing industry, and what it takes to build this market. The Development Associate will report to the Senior Manager, Development and Partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support development of and write compelling grant proposals for funders that include foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
• Produce progress reports for funders, elevating key achievements relative to funder priorities for GIIN programs and activities.
• Manage quarterly reporting by GIIN program teams, including:
Gathering and ensuring quality, accuracy, and relevance of information/data
Liaising with program staff to ensure appropriate framing or presentation of activities
• Assume grant management for assigned portfolio of funders, including:
Coordinating with program teams to ensure timely execution of grant deliverables and requirements
Coordinating all administrative details pertaining to grant processing and reporting with the GIIN’s Finance and Operations team.
Tracking relevant funder information, proposal and reporting timelines, grant requirements, activities, and work plans using Salesforce and other internal systems
Corresponding with funders as needed
• Create and update fundraising and other reports for internal stakeholders, including the GIIN Board of Directors, as needed.
• Conduct preliminary research on funding activities and priorities of prospective funders.
The ideal candidate thrives at synthesizing information and drafting clear, compelling narratives, is adept at managing multiple projects, and is resourceful and collaborative. Exposure to development work is highly desired.
The Development Associate must have:
• Superb writing skills with the ability to develop compelling narratives that clearly communicate complex ideas
• Excellent project management skills
• Close attention to detail
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Bachelor’s degree required (communications or related degree a plus)
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience
• Proven ability to effectively interpret and synthesize inputs from a variety of stakeholders, to develop compelling narratives
• Experience managing internal or external stakeholder relationships
• Proactive orientation to problem-solving and high standards of performance
• Team-oriented, professional, resourceful, flexible and highly responsible
• Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite and experience in Salesforce or similar CRM tool a plus
• Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact and good humor
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com. State “Development Associate_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter. Please note this role is currently collecting resumes for our candidate pool.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now nearly ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 250 members in 36 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org