About the Job
In this role, you will support the origination and execution of equity and debt transactions for our global infrastructure practice, with an initial focus on renewable energy and waste management in Africa. Based in Zurich, you will report directly to the SVP Infrastructure and will work closely with BlueOrchard’s local investment teams.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the African and other emerging infrastructure markets and generate deal ideas in collaboration with the team;
- Conduct market research, screen potential targets and analyse potential investments, including financial analysis, structuring and valuation;
- Assist the Senior Vice President in due diligence, with ad hoc financial analysis and financial modelling on transactions;
- Support the preparation of investment memos for the Investment Committee;
- Monitor transactions post investment, valuation and asset management activities.
Required skills and experience
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience with a leading firm in project finance banking, energy private equity, energy consulting or infrastructure asset management;
- Strong analytical and technical skills (including financial modelling);
- Previous experience in energy and infrastructure, preferably in African markets;
- Graduate from a leading university or Business School;
- Fluency in English and French.
Your personal profile
- Proactive, high energy, self-confident and entrepreneurial mind-set;
- Ability to work autonomously and pro-actively and to take on responsibility quickly;
- Passion for Impact Investing and Emerging Markets.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/
Deadline for application is 31.12.2018.
BlueOrchard Finance Ltd
BlueOrchard was founded in 2001 by initiative of the UN as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide and since evolved into a leading impact investment manager. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and sustainable growth while providing attractive returns for its investors. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, BlueOrchard has offices in Cambodia, Georgia, Peru, Kenya, Luxembourg, Singapore and Geneva. To date, the company has deployed over USD 5bn in impact investments across 80 emerging and frontier markets, enabling social impact.