About the Job
Your Role: To lead Incofin debt investment strategy in Asia:
• Actively manage the existing Asia debt portfolio and the Asia debt pipeline
• Lead end-to-end debt investment transactions (rollovers and new loans), including sourcing, term sheet negotiation, due diligences, credit proposal writing, investment committee presentation, support in loan agreement drafting, portfolio monitoring
• Assist investees in timely financial, compliance and impact reporting
• Proactively identify risks and business opportunities in the Asian region in rural financial inclusion
• Work collaboratively with other Incofin functions in regional offices and at the headquarter
• Act as Incofin “Debt Ambassador” for impact investment and responsible finance in Asia
• 8+ years’ work experience related to financial institutions lending
• Master degree in economics, finance, or business administration. Accounting knowledge a plus
• Working experience with East Asian developing markets is a requirement
• Very strong written and oral articulation skills
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Strong affinity for impact and responsible finance
• Collaborative team player
• Entrepreneurial and action oriented
• Willingness for up to 50% of travel time
• Excellent working proficiency of the English language is required. Other local languages from the region, such as Mandarin Chinese, would be an advantage
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume (one page) and a cover letter (one page). Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Incofin Investment Management
Incofin Investment Management (Incofin IM) is a an impact fund management company that invests predominantly in financial intermediaries (such as microfinance institutions) and agri-focused companies in developing countries with the aim to generate attractive financial returns as well as to create important social impact.
Our mission: Driven by a strong interest for business solutions that promote inclusive progress, we want to improve the lives of the more vulnerable or less privileged people. By doing so, we are committed to deliver attractive returns to our investors.
• We partner with entrepreneurs who develop business solutions that foster inclusive progress.
• We create value for portfolio companies, micro entrepreneurs and their families, investors
and other stakeholders in our eco system.
• We unite people who believe in inclusive progress.
Incofin IM manages and advises commitments in excess of USD 1bn with a team of 52 people based in Belgium (Antwerp), Colombia, Kenya, Cambodia and a representative office in India. You will work from the East Asia Regional Office based in Phnom Penh Cambodia. You will have the opportunity to work with staff from various units and departments including: Investment, Impact, Technical Assistance, Risk, Finance, and Business Development.