About the Job
Flash Vehicles is transforming the transportation sector in West Africa through innovation and impact. In addition to our core vehicle rental and leasing services, we are actively exploring opportunities in ride hailing and electric vehicle solutions, all underpinned by ambitious gender balance and asset ownership programs for our drivers and staff.
We are growing quickly and seeking ambitious, entrepreneurial, early to mid-career professionals for a variety of leadership roles in Liberia and Sierra Leone.
Flash is a portfolio company of Solon Capital Partners, an Africa-focused investment manager that is pioneering a new approach to economic development and poverty reduction in fragile and post-conflict states.
We are seeking individuals for leadership roles based in Monrovia, Liberia or Freetown, Sierra Leone, with the opportunity for periodic travel throughout the region. With requirements in general management, sales, operations and special projects, the specific role will be discussed with candidates based on their skills and interests.
Successful candidates will be central to the promotion and management of Flash’s vehicle rental and leasing business as well as instrumental in launching innovative services and programs. The role will be hands-on, managing and working closely with the Flash teams based in each country, while liaising extensively with Flash’s senior management.
The role may be similar to running your own business or a distinct project, so being a self-starter, results-focused and comfortable leading an initiative independently is critical.
The ideal candidate will have general management or project management experience, exceptional communication skills (including in a sales and customer service capacity), the ability to lead and inspire a diverse team and a sound understanding of core functional areas such as finance and accounting and human resources.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial, principles-driven young professional to take on a high impact, rewarding opportunity while gaining valuable on-the-ground management experience and exposure to both Flash and Solon Capital Partners leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 or more years of relevant managerial experience
- Experience or familiarity with working and/or living in developing countries
- A healthy mix of commercial and development motivation
- Ability to lead and manage a team of 10+ staff
- Ability and willingness to operate “in the weeds”, at a strategic level and in between on a regular basis
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills with a demonstrated ability to be effective in sales and client relationship capacities
- Proficiency at overseeing multiple concurrent workstreams and functional areas
- Sound understanding of finance and accounting; comfortable independently performing and presenting analysis
- Ability to independently prepare business-standard materials and analysis in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Tech-savvy and comfortable with using new software and applications
- Uncompromising integrity and ethical standards
Beneficial but Optional:
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in business (e.g. MBA)
- Professional experience in West Africa or elsewhere in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience with rental, leasing or fleet-related business models
- Knowledge of the ride hailing business model
- Some technical knowledge of vehicle maintenance and/or fleet management
- French language skills
Applications must include a cover letter that summarizes the candidate's interest in the opportunity.
Flash Vehicles is a professional provider of turn-key vehicle rental, full-maintenance leasing and fleet management solutions to organizations operating in West Africa. The Flash team has experience operating fleets in excess of 2,700 vehicles, 1,100 drivers and workshop facilities throughout the region. With longstanding operating experience in West Africa, Flash provides comprehensive transportation solutions to the private sector, humanitarian, non-governmental, and government organisations.
Flash has been featured in The Economist, is a contributing member of Fleet Forum (an interagency association of more than 40 members, including NGOs, international organisations, the UN, academic institutions, donors, and corporate partners) and is a Solon Capital Partners portfolio company.
Flash shares the principled values of its investors and drives responsible, sustainable economic development in the countries where it operates through investment, employment and tailored programs that focus on gender equality, education and healthcare.