About the Job
• Developing a long-term vision for ICM based on the network’s stated goals in the areas of policy, impact measurement, investment collaboration, enhancing impact alpha strategies, interacting with investors and talent development
• Finalizing the ICM’s application to become a 501 (c) 3 and 501 (c) 6.
• Overseeing all funding needs for ICM, including grant applications, and grant reporting requirements.
• Developing a short and long-term budget for ICM, and maintaining responsibility for accounting, budget adjustments, hiring, etc.
• Serving as main point of contact for all fund members. Overseeing dues and membership status. Working to recruit new members to ICM.
• Serving as liaison between ICM members and academic institutions working with the network to research impact measurement tools. Maintain responsibility to get data needed from funds to support the academic institutions’ work.
• Working with appropriate persons (US Impact Investing Alliance, GIIN, etc.) to use ICM resources for relevant policy advocacy; mobilize fund members to participate where appropriate.
• Planning agendas for and executing future ICM convenings, which are projected to occur at least semi-annually. This will include recruiting speakers, booking venues, etc.
• Managing the current Steering Committee and evolving towards a more formal and member driven governance model.
• Coordinate with other networks, including the GIIN, US Impact Investing Alliance, SBIA, NVCA, and CDVCA
The location for where the Executive Director will be based is flexible, likely within a member fund’s office.
• Bachelor’s degree required, with 10-15 years’ experience in non-profit, entrepreneurial or investment work, preferably in a leadership capacity
• Prior experience in venture philanthropy, venture capital or impact investing preferred
• Experience and ability to work with executives and experts in Financial Institutions, Donors, Academia and Governments
• Experience conducting impact assessments, providing guidance on evaluation methodology, or developing standards for the field preferred
• Experience working with policy makers and/or researchers in academia preferred
• Commitment to, belief in and enthusiasm for the organization’s mission to develop impact investing in the US
• Attention to detail and the maturity and self-discipline to work independently, along with the judgment to seek supervision and/or input from others when necessary; able to represent the ICM with a high degree of professional integrity and ethics
• Excellent verbal communication and writing skills, including public speaking
• Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with multiple stakeholders and managing multi-constituent partnerships
• Strong project management skills and problem-solving capacities
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Interested applicants can apply using the the direct link below.
Impact Capital Managers
About Impact Capital Managers (ICM)
Impact Capital Managers is a network of market-rate funds committed to impact investing in the United States. In the United States, there are now over 100 venture capital and private equity funds that seek to deliver superior financial returns and clear and measurable impact as a core part of their investment strategy. Currently, ICM has a membership of over 30 funds, collectively representing over $8 billion in impact-focused capital.
The purpose of ICM is to leverage the power of its network in an effort to enhance the long-term success of the impact investing movement. ICM serves as a forum for member funds to share best practices with their peers, collaborate with co-investors on sourcing and executing impact investments, and accelerating impact and investment value creation. The ICM is also looking to communicate impact investment success stories to the broader investor and entrepreneur universe, advocate for policies that foster market-rate impact investing, help promote a diverse talent pipeline of impact investors into the field, and serve as a liaison between ICM members and academic institutions conducting research and education to accelerate the field.