About the Job
Flat World Partners is seeking to hire an operations and compliance associate in its New York office. The associate will be a crucial team member as we continue to grow. S/he will work on all areas of the organization, with a special focus on building all-around operations management skills in program management, communication, data management, and marketing/recruiting. In collaboration with the COO, and the Compliance advisor, the associate will also be responsible for reviewing employees’ work and providing guidance regarding compliance.
Among other responsibilities, the associate:
- Prepares, process, track, and maintain new client paperwork to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Updates client information in customer relationship management (CRM) software and portfolio accounting software.
- Identifies process improvements to streamline operations and maintain adequate controls across the organization.
- Maintains desktop procedures. Assists in maintaining appropriate sections of the Program document and related policies and procedures.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Collaborates with outside professionals, including external auditors, and HR as needed.
- Proactive work style, keeping ahead of the curve in auditing of processes, practices, and documents to identify weaknesses before they become problems.
- Excellent writing and proofreading abilities
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in financial services
- Ability to work well and collaborate with others
- Highly developed organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to self-manage, multitask, and prioritize one's work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to work within a start-up environment
- Familiar with all phases of development and implementation of an effective legal compliance program.
- A Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s desired. Professional certification a plus.
Please contact email@example.com with a resume and a cover letter.
Flat World Partners
Flat World Partners is a next generation investment advisory and asset management firm, solely focused on Impact Investments. We take a global, active and transparent approach to our investment strategy; seeking out the best in class opportunities that meet the needs of clients. We work alongside your investment team to build customized impact portfolios. We’re constantly talking to the impact market, diligencing managers, products and direct investments to help you drive your business for generations to come.