About the Job
The Financial Analyst will report to the Manager of Financial Analysis and is a newly created role for The San Francisco Foundation. In partnership with the Manager of Financial Analysis, he/she will provide financial planning and analysis for the Foundation, covering budgeting and management reporting.
• Execution of management reports to department managers including: budget to actual analysis, key indicators, dashboards, and forecasting. Monitor appropriate funding and accuracy of financial data related to the budget.
• Financial reporting for multi-year initiatives. Coordinate with Program staff to maintain accurate information for use in grant applications, fund reports, and initiative tracking.
• Provide support to Program staff for fundraising proposals and subsequent financial reports to funders.
• Provide analytical support to department budget managers and their assistants. Assist budget managers with day to day budget questions and requests.
• Responsible for new fund setup and periodic changes to fund attributes, as requested.
• Provide analytical support for grantmaking due diligence processes, as needed.
• Provide analytical and monitoring support for Impact Investment programs.
• Responsible for supporting process improvement and other projects as requested.
• Additional support as required, including new system implementations.
• Highly responsible, responsive and conscientious team player with a positive attitude
• Must be highly organized, comfortable with complexity and detail-oriented
• Excellent administrative skills
• Excel at working with existing systems and resources while striving towards improvement
• Comfortable with using/implementing technology to improve the effectiveness of the Group
• Understanding of basic accounting
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel.
• High proficiency with other Windows products, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Having a background in the following areas is a plus:
• Budgeting and budgeting software
• Accounting Software such as Blackbaud Financial Edge or other financial ERP.
• Four-year college degree with course work in Finance or Accounting.
COMPENSATION: A competitive compensation package commensurate with background and experience in addition to a very competitive benefits package will be offered.
The San Francisco Foundation
With more than $1.4 billion in assets, the San Francisco Foundation is one of the largest community foundations in the country. The Foundation is committed to expanding opportunity and ensuring a more equitable future for all in the Bay Area. Together with its donors, the foundation distributed more than $167 million to nonprofit organizations last fiscal year. The San Francisco Foundation serves Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties.