About the Job
The Fund team is looking for an Investment Officer to be based in San Jose, Costa Rica. Working under the Chief Executive Officer and in cooperation with other team members, specifically the Managing Directors for investment, the Investment Officer will support the investment process from due diligence to monitoring. This includes evaluating investment opportunities, producing financial models and analysis, compiling Investment Memo presentations and monitoring key operational indicators. S/he will also support research and environmental and social metric collection activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or finance or a related field (such as economics, agribusiness or engineering) with at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in impact investment, banking, private equity, and or finance. MBA preferred.
• Excellent and fluent written and verbal communication in English and Spanish.
• Understanding of and relevant experience in investment and financial analysis in Latin America.
• Commitment to sustainable investing, environmental and social objectives and global perspectives.
• Advance command of the knowledge to manipulate, analyze and interpret investment information with demonstrated experience in MS Office, Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Database management skills with ability to produce reports and financial projections.
• Competent to design, implement and direct multiple projects, setting and meeting deadlines and ensuring program accountability.
• Experienced to make strategic and responsible decisions based on analysis, experience and judgement.
• Ability to communicate professionally and work in partnership with a wide variety of people of different cultures to develop and/or implement functional programs; open and collaborative.
• Interested in digging deep and assuming challenging circumstances with a positive attitude in a fast-paced work environment with expected outputs.
• Willing and able to act independently within broad goals; demonstrated self-motivation and action oriented.
• Willingness to travel up to 30 percent of the time.
The selected candidates must be able to satisfy all local legal requirements, including immigration requirements
Please send c.v. and cover letter in English to email@example.com
EcoEnterprises Fund, a dynamic impact investment manager with an unparalleled track record of nearly 20 years in the field and 35 successful investments across 11 countries in Latin America, recently launched EcoEnterprises Partners III, LP. A pioneer in its investment niche, the Fund works hand-in-hand with community-based growth businesses that achieve transformative environmental and social impacts. Providing tailored financing and value-add, the Fund helps companies to boost returns, create socio-economic opportunities and preserve the planet.