About the Job
Full-time / Part-time
The External Relations team manages Finance in Motion’s strategic relations with external stakeholders in the impact investing and development finance field. Among others, it coordinates Finance in Motion’s market screening and thought leadership activities, our contribution to key industry networks and sector-building initiatives as well as our participation in conferences and other events. The department’s role is both to position Finance in Motion in the impact investing and development finance realm and to keep track of relevant innovations and developments in these evolving fields.
- Stay abreast of trends, research, and new initiatives in impact investing and development finance
- Contribute to the dissemination of knowledge within the growing company, equipping staff with relevant information and resources
- Compile mappings and research briefings on diverse topics relevant to Finance in Motion
- Handle knowledge management and compile analyses on industry event participation and feedback
- Support industry event participation by requesting speaker slots, organizing sponsorships, preparing speaker presentations and briefings, and sometimes representing Finance in Motion personally
- Contribute to Finance in Motion’s member responsibilities and active participation in networks and working groups, such as the Global Impact Investing Network
- Contribute to Finance in Motion’s publications and other communication material
- Coordinate responses to surveys, interviews and other information/reporting requests
- Handle applications for awards and profiles on directories
- Communicate with external partners
- Contribute to diverse projects of the External Relations team
What we expect:
- University degree in economics, finance, development studies, social sciences or a related field
- Initial professional background in development finance and/or impact investing
- Excellent communication skills in English and German (both written and spoken)
- Analytical thinking and an attention to detail
- Strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- Well-organized, result-oriented approach to work
- Strong team player able to handle multiple priorities under pressure
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
Finance in Motion GmbH
One of the world’s leading impact asset managers, Finance in Motion focuses on sustainable economic, social and environmental development in low- and medium- income countries. With nearly EUR 2 billion in assets under management, the company attracts capital from private investors to leverage public sector contributions. Our funds provide debt or equity primarily for local financial institutions and increasingly for project and corporate finance. We are active in more than 30 countries across Southeast and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and North Africa and Latin America, where we foster small business and rural development, green energy production, and natural resource protection.
Since its foundation in 2009, the company has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics.
What you can expect:
- An agile, widely diverse international working environment with over 35 nationalities who strive to uphold our start-up spirit and profit from the opportunities of a growing company
- A job with a great degree of autonomy that achieves real impact through cooperation and joint responsibility
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented company culture that rewards above-average results
Our more than 180 employees working from our 17 offices worldwide are dedicated to promoting sustainable development through market-based finance solutions. If you enjoy tackling complex challenges in a hands-on manner and prefer a communication style that suits the flat hierarchies and cooperative mindset we value, we would definitely like to hear from you. If you are interested, please use our online application system to submit your full application including a CV and meaningful cover letter in English.