About the Job
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 90 partners in 40 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
Accion has over 150 staff, with headquarters in Boston and operations in 23 countries around the world. Accion is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant is the “gatekeeper” of the CEO’s office, managing schedules and communications with internal and external parties. In particular, he/she will work closely with the CEO, senior management and the organization’s Board of Directors under the supervision of the Special Assistant to the president. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a socially responsible organization with competitive compensation.
- Manage schedule for CEO, including complex business and personal calendars;
Schedule meetings via telephone, videoconference, and in-person;
Prepare travel arrangements and itineraries for CEO for all domestic and international travel to include detailed agenda and itineraries, hotel, flights, dining, and ground transportation;
- Conduct research to prepare, gather, and proof briefing materials, agendas, and decks for all executive meetings
- Manage electronic filing system and knowledge sharing;
- Facilitate the tracking and signing of all documents executed by the CEO;
Serve as an approachable and helpful point of contact for all parties for the Executive Office
- Liaise with staff to streamline and effectively communicate Executive Office directives
- Assist in coordination of regular Senior Management, Management, all-staff and Cross-departmental team meetings, preparing agendas, notes and minutes as requested;
- Arrange logistics for visitors to the office: hotel, transportation, meeting space, meals;
- Prepare expense reports for CEO and process payment of all executive office invoices;
- Liaise with Senior Management, Management and other staff to facilitate cross-departmental information sharing; * Create monthly organization-wide metric reports in close coordination with the Special Assistant;
- Support the planning and logistics for meetings of the Board of Directors (3/year), including the preparation of substantive informational updates for these meetings;
- Edit and translate documents as needed;
- Occasional travel to international and domestic offsite locations to handle all logistics for meetings, staff, or Board retreats, and other engagements involving the Executive Office, as needed
- Generally 3 years of high level/executive administrative support or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrated communication skills to include excellent oral and written English language skills and ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to organize and prioritize workload, track assignments and provide organizational support for high level executive.
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong planning skills.
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people in international and multi-cultural environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor degree in English, Communications, International Relations or Business Administration required. * Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
- Excellence: Accion staff should always put forth their best effort in all activities, strive for high quality of collective and individual performance; and demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times while in the workplace and while working on behalf of the organization.
- Respect: Accion staff should value one another’s roles and responsibilities as much as their own, be encouraging, and value the diverse and unique perspectives of colleagues. They should honor obligations and commitments to each other and to external partners.
- Passion for Social Change: Accion staff should be committed to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, value the greater good of the organization over personal gain, and promote a productive workplace by acknowledging the accomplishments of others.
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 90 partners in 40 countries. More at [http://www.accion.org].