About the Job
Are you passionate about the power of investing to change the world?
CapShift is an early-stage startup building a turnkey impact investing solution to empower philanthropic and financial institutions and their clients to discover, execute, and monitor impact investments. Our first clients are in the $85 billion donor advised fund market.
CapShift seeks a dynamic, values-driven, leader to help lead our public and private fund manager sourcing, screening, and analysis. The candidate will report to the Chief Investment Officer and CEO and must have a track record of selecting high quality ESG or private fund managers across asset classes and sectors.
Immediate start date.
A competitive compensation package and benefits will be available. On-site work in Newton, MA is strongly preferred, within a flexible working environment.
• Oversee CapShift’s proprietary public and private fund manager research and screening process, including oversight of a dedicated analyst team
• Engage with fund managers to collect information regarding investment opportunities
• Co-develop the fund investment screening process, including an assessment of financial return, risk, and impact.
• Synthesize and present recommended fund managers to the CapShift listing committee to include on the CapShift platform
• Join presentations with customers and high net worth clients to review investment opportunities
• Develop expertise across specific asset classes and sectors to compare to relevant peer groups
• Support the presentation and design of fund characteristics and performance to our clients
• Take leadership roles in other aspects of a high growth startup company, including team, culture, technology, market research, and customer development.
• 7+ years of work experience in manager research and selection at ESG/impact funds, including familiarity with both public and private investment funds
• Expertise in fundamental manager sourcing and diligence processes that integrate financial and impact factors
• Broad understanding of the ESG and private impact fund marketplace
• Demonstrated strength in data analytics, effective reporting, and working with large data sets
• Experience or demonstrated interest in working in a high growth, flexible startup environment in which employees are expected to take on multiple responsibilities and leadership positions
• Familiarity with leading providers of ESG/impact data for fund managers, including MSCI, ISS, Sustainalytics, and B Analytics
• Advanced MS Excel skills and Salesforce with experience with Tableau preferred
• Advanced or Undergraduate degree in Economics, Business, or equivalent preferred
• A passion for delivering value for clients while aligning financial returns with societal impact
If interested, please submit your CV and a one paragraph statement of interest with the subject [Director of Manager Research] to Adam Rein at firstname.lastname@example.org
CapShift’s goal is to increase the flow of capital into ventures solving global and local challenges. We provide investors a platform to discover and make impact investments, using their Donor Advised Fund, Family Office or Private Foundation assets. We partner with blue-chip domain partners to source, curate and underwrite impact deals across multiple sectors, connecting vast pools of investable capital to high-impact projects and businesses. Our leadership has managed billions of dollars of impact investments in disruptive solutions in the health, education, poverty, community finance, clean energy, and sustainable food sectors. We are building a team that combines deep impact investment experience with a nimble startup culture to transform the way individuals can find opportunities to invest their money for good. Our funders include the Heron Foundation, Omidyar Network, and other impact investing leaders. CapShift is located in Newton, MA, with team members in Connecticut and Washington DC.