About the Job
Kiva's Partnerships team works primarily with Field Partners who post borrower profiles from all over the world to the Kiva website. The team is responsible for sourcing, monitoring and managing relationships with Field Partners, onboarding and training partners, and ensuring that existing partners are compliant with Kiva policies and aligned with Kiva's social mission and strategic focus. The Global Partnerships team includes three regional investments teams focused on Europe & Asia, Africa & the Middle East, and Latin America & Caribbean, as well as Impact and Risk teams.
The Portfolio Manager reports to the Regional Director for Africa and the Middle East and will be responsible for supporting relationships with the Kiva Field Partners across the continent, particularly in West Africa. This position will be based out of Kiva’s office in Nairobi, Kenya. In addition to monitoring existing partners, this role provides onboarding, training, and operational support to Field Partners to ensure compliance with Kiva policies and the effective and efficient use of Kiva systems. Over time, this role will also involve prospecting and performing due diligence on new partners. This position will work closely with Africa and the Middle East team to ensure smooth management of region-wide data collection and monitoring initiatives. The ideal candidate is a flexible and positive team player who is passionate about Kiva’s mission and is able to design creative solutions to challenging problems.
At this time we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in Kenya on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partnership management: Monitor assigned partnerships (both remotely and in-person), including tracking financial performance and monitoring credit risk and social performance.
- Provide updates to lenders on partners risk and social performance status as necessary.
- Follow up with partners who are delinquent in paying Kiva.
- Provide Partner Support: Act as the key point person at Kiva for Field Partners.
- Assist in onboarding approved partners and act as liaison between Kiva and the partners.
- Communicate Kiva policy to partners and update Kiva on any new partner developments and/or issues.
- Business development: Develop extensive network to source and recruit new Partner organizations.
- Screen potential partners, review partner applications, accept/reject applications from potential partners as necessary.
- Due Diligence: Conduct desk review and onsite due diligence for new potential partner organizations in the region to understand and assess financial management, social performance, and mission fit with Kiva.
- Present potential new partners for approval.
- Manage Fellows: Oversee Kiva Fellows including assisting with Training Week and providing supervision and guidance throughout the Fellows’ placements.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in Finance, Non-Profit, and/or Social Impact business role, including experience in Africa
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize across competing tasks
- Ability to travel up to 25% and adapt to the varied work environments travel presents
- Flexibility to work across time zones
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills including the ability to tailor style to a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders
- Cultural sensitivity
- Comfortable designing and delivering trainings to individuals and groups
- French language skills a big plus
Apply here: https://grnh.se/f60c1e341
Kiva (www.kiva.org) is a mission-driven technology company. We run a global marketplace platform for crowd-funded micro-loans to serve the financially excluded. Kiva combines the culture and approach of an internet start-up with a mission to alleviate poverty. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.”
Kiva has raised over $900 million in loan capital for more than 2.3 million borrowers in 82 countries. Kiva’s lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. Kiva is poised to take its initial success to a whole new level – targeting $1 billion in loans by mid-2017 and continuing our expansion into new areas such as local lending in the US, student loans, water, clean energy, and agriculture. Headquartered in San Francisco, Kiva's team has 100+ employees and 300+ volunteers worldwide.