About the Job
About Accion:Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 90 partners in 40 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
About the Global Advisory Solutions Team:
Accion’s Global Advisory Solutions is a team of experienced professionals helping achieve financial inclusion through the smart use of digital technologies and distribution channels. We work with financial institutions and innovative companies to plan, test, implement, and improve innovative technologies and methods to reduce the bottlenecks in achieving financial inclusion growth and scale.
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Advisory Solutions, the Manager, Strategic Projects, plays an important role at Accion in helping further financial inclusion by contributing to business development activities and project support.
The Manager, Strategic Projects, plays an important role at Accion in helping further financial inclusion by contributing to the development of a world-class services organization, delivering high-quality services to support innovative companies. The responsibilities of this function include:
Strategy development support (25%):
- Research into and the evaluation of proposed new business models that can enhance financial inclusion for both investments and advisory services.
- Develop forecasts for proposed strategies and SWOT analysis of strategic operations.
- Write concept notes for identified strategic initiatives per partner organization.
- Help develop strategy maps for the Advisory Team and key initiatives that drive the strategy forward across the various Advisory Team units.
Business development support (35%):
- Develop proposals for agreed projects for donors, non-portfolio clients and portfolio clients.
- Help organize and follow-up meetings for the Advisory Management Team with potential clients.
- Coordinate events and speaking engagements, in line with the Advisory Team's Industry Engagement colleagues to ensure business development opportunities are being identified and followed through.
- Examine potential merits and de-merits of new projects by speaking to stakeholders and help develop 5-star reviews of prospective projects globally, to ensure consistency.
- Support the implementation of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Salesforce type tools for the Advisory Team and broader Accion usage.
Project related work (40%):
- Support creation of business models for products and services to be deployed in Asia and Africa, especially focused on digital lending and digital transformation.
- Through the judicious use of business models, support the evaluation of investment targets.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience through a combination of consulting/advisory services with working exposure to financial services, strategy, and hands-on operating experience in challenging contexts.
- Must have knowledge of current trends in digital financial services for financial inclusion.
- Candidates must have very strong analytical skills across strategy and finance
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with a positive, can-do attitude and an approach of “no job is too small or big”.
- Use different styles to influence individuals and groups and cause impact.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally 30%.
- Excellent project and people skills, especially in multi-cultural environments.
- Demonstrated Interest in our mission and in working globally.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
- Exceptional written, communication and presentation skills for a variety of audiences; comfort moving seamlessly between executive teams and the field.
Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance or Development a benefit.
- English fluency required, Spanish an added bonus
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 90 partners in 40 countries. More at [http://www.accion.org].