About the Job
The small Risk Middle Office Team, as a central unit within the Risk Management Department responsible for all risk controlling, monitoring as well as methodological and procedural tasks, is looking for a new member to support the following tasks.
Full-time / Part-time
- Maintenance and user support for Risk Management systems, tools and databases
- Set-up, maintenance and documentation of new and existing internal and cross-departmental procedures
- Contribution to the development, testing, calibration and validation of risk management models and methodologies
- Preparation of regular and ad-hoc risk reporting for the Funds including monitoring of timelines and coordination of inputs
- Monitoring and control of risk diversification limits for all Funds in line with Issue Documents and Fund policies
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders including coordination of regular external Fund audits
- Management of contracts, budgets and licenses for external risk service providers (e.g. rating agencies and other intelligence providers)
- Preparation and coordination of regular risk committees
What we expect:
- University degree in business administration, finance, economics or similar
- 3 years professional experience in Risk Management reporting and data management, system analysis and/or business process optimization in the banking or asset management industry
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Basic accounting background, familiarity with financial ratios and financial statements
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly advanced user of Excel
- Knowledge of and experience with databases (SQL), VBA would be an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English language
- Strong team-motivation, hands-on mentality coupled with a diligent, proactive working attitude and an open communication style
Finance in Motion GmbH
One of the world’s leading impact asset managers, Finance in Motion focuses on sustainable economic, social and environmental development in low- and medium- income countries. With well over EUR 1.9 billion in assets under management, the company attracts capital from private investors to leverage public sector contributions. Our funds provide debt or equity primarily for local financial institutions and increasingly for project and corporate finance. We are active in 30 countries across Southeast and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and North Africa and Latin America, where we foster small business and rural development, green energy production, and natural resource protection.
Since its foundation in 2009, the company has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics.
What you can expect:
- An agile, widely diverse international working environment with over 35 nationalities who strive to uphold our start-up spirit and profit from the opportunities of a growing company
- A job with a great degree of autonomy that achieves real impact through cooperation and joint responsibility
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented company culture that rewards above-average results
Our more than 180 employees working from our 17 offices worldwide are dedicated to promoting sustainable development through marked-based finance solutions. If you enjoy tackling complex challenges in a hands-on manner and prefer a communication style that suits the flat hierarchies and cooperative mindset we value, we would definitely like to hear from you. If you are interested, please use our online application system to submit your full application including a CV and meaningful cover letter in English.